The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Right where the big guy needs to be. 

Ideally we'd see a decent centre down there next year. But maybe a Gadj-Gaunce-Lind line would be good with some top 6 minutes 

Not much in the way of centers or wingers in the mix at the moment for Utica next year. I do hope they qualify Gaunce and can convince Kero to re-sign even though he is a group 6 UFA this year.

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Not much in the way of centers or wingers in the mix at the moment for Utica next year. I do hope they qualify Gaunce and can convince Kero to re-sign even though he is a group 6 UFA this year.

Ya agreed, if they had some better centres down there this year Im sure they'd have been fine. Surplus of winger and few decent centres. Resign Gaunce, and sign some UFA centres to AHL/NHL deals. Waive guys that don't make the big club. For example if Granny has no trade value then send him down. Pick up some C's in the waiver wire as well.

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Ya agreed, if they had some better centres down there this year Im sure they'd have been fine. Surplus of winger and few decent centres. Resign Gaunce, and sign some UFA centres to AHL/NHL deals. Waive guys that don't make the big club. For example if Granny has no trade value then send him down. Pick up some C's in the waiver wire as well.

As far as forward prospects  for next year they have McEwen, Lind, Gadjovich and Jasek that generally play the RW and they have no prospects in the pipeline for the Center and LW spots.

They are a bit better set up on defence as they will likely have Joulevi, Brisbois, Sautner, Teves, Rafferty, Chatfield and Eliot plus any AHL'ers they might sign in the off season. I expect Juolevi will start in Utica but will not finish the year there. There is also the possibility that Rafferty or Sautner surprise in training camp and make the Canucks.

it would certainly help Utica short term and possibly Vancouver long term to trade the dearth of the middle six forwards for some decent prospects and help fill the Comets roster for next year.

3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Right where the big guy needs to be. 

Ideally we'd see a decent centre down there next year. But maybe a Gadj-Gaunce-Lind line would be good with some top 6 minutes 

Ideally we’d see our young prospects getting opportunity.  Looks like JB talked to Cull about playing the young guys, and now look and Gadjovic getting minutes and success.  I’m very disappointed in how the year went fir developing our young guys down in Utica.  I think next year there will be a philosophical shift.  

4 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

As far as forward prospects  for next year they have McEwen, Lind, Gadjovich and Jasek that generally play the RW and they have no prospects in the pipeline for the Center and LW spots.

They are a bit better set up on defence as they will likely have Joulevi, Brisbois, Sautner, Teves, Rafferty, Chatfield and Eliot plus any AHL'ers they might sign in the off season. I expect Juolevi will start in Utica but will not finish the year there. There is also the possibility that Rafferty or Sautner surprise in training camp and make the Canucks.

it would certainly help Utica short term and possibly Vancouver long term to trade the dearth of the middle six forwards for some decent prospects and help fill the Comets roster for next year.

Gadjovich and Palmu are both LWers who could be done there next year... hopefully playing top 6 minutes. I truly believe MacEwen will be on the Canucks roster to start next year. Young, hard, talented winger is just what we need.

I agree the defence is set. No worries there. Ideally you'd see two quality AHL centres down there next year with Gadj&Lind and Palmu&Jasek as the wingers for them

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I applaud his heart and work ethic but unless he drastically improves his skating I don't think he'll make the NHL.

100% agree.  I wonder if JB selects certain guys (even as early as round two) with the intention that player might make the NHL, but (at minimum) that player will be a good AHL player, who works hard - on and off the ice - plays the right way, and stands up for his teammates?  Gadjovic is the kind of player that does all those things.  

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...