The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

9 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

they need to be seen to be doing the right thing

And they are doing the right thing.

Not one quote from JB or Brackett regarding negotiations.

Media gets bored and tries to create a story.

typical mid summer angst over very little.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

for the playoffs. But yeah dim jim shudda seen covid coming. 

How any GM that didn't have a pandemic in their 5 year plan is beyond me. Clearly they haven't planned for every scenario.

• Haha 3

From Rick Dhaliwal:

Jack Rathbone:

I get asked al lot about Harvard defenseman Jack Rathbone. When will he make his decision on whether to sign with the Canucks or return to college hockey?

Thanks to COVID-19 there is so much uncertainty in the air.

Rathbone’s goal is to make the Canucks roster if he signs, but the future starting dates for the AHL is playing a role in NCAA players signing or not.

A source at Harvard says if Rathbone signs with the Canucks, what happens if he does not make the Canucks and the AHL does not start on time next year? That puts Rathbone in a tough spot if there is no hockey in Utica.

For that reason, it is better for Rathbone to get more information about all leagues next year before he makes his decision to sign. And that could take a long time to get clarity about next year.

The Canucks are very high on Rathbone and for good reason, skating, hockey I-Q and character, Rathbone has all 3 and has a bright future ahead of him.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 5/14/2020 at 12:32 PM, gurn said:

And they are doing the right thing.

Not one quote from JB or Brackett regarding negotiations.

Media gets bored and tries to create a story.

typical mid summer angst over very little.

And it is not even summer yet!!!! :picard:

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I talked to a scout that told me Brackett had a plan in place for two pandemics. #InsiderScoopTSN

I thought I saw him in Costco in December with an entire pallet of TP. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

You know, I have to say, I can't even stand a 2 month layoff in the summer, without ligit hockey talk...….this  is killing me !

You're not the only one. It's not just hockey right now, it's all sports. I've exhausted all Netflix options and I can't listen to global news and Bonnie's repetitive crap anymore. At least netflix has the last dance and the Bundesliga is back on but it's not enough.

We need playoff NHL!!

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

You're not the only one. It's not just hockey right now, it's all sports. I've exhausted all Netflix options and I can't listen to global news and Bonnie's repetitive crap anymore. At least netflix has the last dance and the Bundesliga is back on but it's not enough.

We need playoff NHL!!

How much will it cost for the play-offs. I assume they're not playing out of the kindness of their hearts so it'll be pay for view and enough to cover all the costs of players, travel, hotel, arenas and  as much as the owners can gouge. Me, bring on next season