The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you working towards?

Mainly Mattias

10 hours ago, brilac said:

I really enjoy saving and getting rid of things. My goal is to live a minimalist lifestyle and to put more into savings. I am less than $2,000 from reaching my savings goal, and have gotten rid of many things by donating. 

minimism is great other than my bed and dresser i could fit everything i own into my suv  basically my hockey equipment, art supplies, 3 big rubbermaids of clothes  some camping gear  and my photography gear  and a bit of art   i love that i can move easily  if need be  its freedom  one day il own a house hopefully  definately wont fill it up with junk 

short term goal next 2 yrs    get out of debt from car accident and rehab knee from surgery 2 weeks ago

long term  travel more (turkey, nepal, imdia in april)  work on my photography   upgrading  to a full frame sensor in sept somehow buy some land somewhere and build a cabin 

16 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

It is but I don't want to start injecting Tren in my buttcheeks just yet...or, ever hahaha.

The only limit on your PR's are the ones you put on yourself. If you imagine you can pull 1200 pounds off the floor, like reallyyyy truly believe it, you'll do it. Spend the rest of the day envisioning yourself making that lift, turn on a Disturbed album, and get your buddy to slap you around a bit then head to the gym. Voila. 

This is all proven by science. I read it in a book. 

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

The only limit on your PR's are the ones you put on yourself. If you imagine you can pull 1200 pounds off the floor, like reallyyyy truly believe it, you'll do it. Spend the rest of the day envisioning yourself making that lift, turn on a Disturbed album, and get your buddy to slap you around a bit then head to the gym. Voila. 

This is all proven by science. I read it in a book. 

This seems a little easier than my first plan of screaming until I become super sayian. 

I think if I keep going seriously ill probably peak between 600-700 in deadlift. Still nowhere near a world record and it'll take years, but kinda strong :P

Just now, BananaMash said:

This seems a little easier than my first plan of screaming until I become super sayian. 

I think if I keep going seriously ill probably peak between 600-700 in deadlift. Still nowhere near a world record and it'll take years, but kinda strong :P

Without going too off topic here, I'd say anything over 500 for a recreational lifter is quite good. Personally I'm more into relative strength than absolute strength. I'd rather have a triple body weight DL than DL 500 at 230 pounds, for example.

As for my goals here...pay off my debt and get started on the career I've been working towards.

1.  Getting back into fighting form 

2.  Saving for my son's wedding (sending them to Maui for their honeymoon)

3.  I, too, am wanting to become more of a minimalist...so really focusing on "needs" vs wants and out with the old when it's in with the new.  Purging.

4.  Mostly just taking time to enjoy life and not sweat the small stuff.  I've had a WHOLE LOT of worry and stress over the past decade or two, so putting that behind me so I can stop and smell the roses.  Taking life slow and easy...

1 hour ago, BananaMash said:

Not sure you'd want the world record. Doesn't Eddie Hall hold that? Anyway, there's him on youtube doing a little over 1100lbs. The stress put on his body almost killed him. But, no guts no glory I guess.

4 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Without going too off topic here, I'd say anything over 500 for a recreational lifter is quite good. Personally I'm more into relative strength than absolute strength. I'd rather have a triple body weight DL than DL 500 at 230 pounds, for example.

As for my goals here...pay off my debt and get started on the career I've been working towards.

I'm 6'2", 190lbs, so a triple bodyweight dead-lift would put me at about 570lbs. That's kind of been my floating "end point" goal for a while, but I'm only a year and a half into lifting and finishing up a cut right now. I'm happy with my progress, it's probably the first sport I've felt naturally competent in.

...Except with bench. I've been stuck at 225lbs on bench for a couple of months because I have long arms and it makes it a pain in the butt.

2 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Not sure you'd want the world record. Doesn't Eddie Hall hold that? Anyway, there's him on youtube doing a little over 1100lbs. The stress put on his body almost killed him. But, no guts no glory I guess.

Yeah, he almost died after his 500kg (over 1000lb) deadlift record because he burst blood vessels in his head. Definitely not something I aspire to have happen.

Archived