Bartkowski-Stone
Kulak-Andersson

(one pairing to sit)

Smith

Thanks @Darius71 

Go Canucks!

21 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Looks like the shames are going with what looks like an opening night roster

Glass and hamiliton don't likely make the opening day roster.  Jankowski should make the team, he's been their best player all camp and Lazar will probably be there as well. 

But other than that. flames are down to business.  The want to have a much better start this year than they did last year. If I remember they started off 5-10

4 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Glass and hamiliton don't likely make the opening day roster.  Jankowski should make the team, he's been their best player all camp and Lazar will probably be there as well. 

But other than that. flames are down to business.  The want to have a much better start this year than they did last year. If I remember they started off 5-10

I'm a thinkin' we get pounded on the score board and on the ice:(

28 minutes ago, mll said:

So no Rodin. 

It looks to me like they are just giving the bubble guys one more game....they can't really be thinking that any of those guys on the 4th line or Upshall is a better option than Rodin.

Also I have been thinking they have been under utilizing Rodin so they may be just trying to make sure he doesn't break before the season starts....to me Rodin not playing is either a good sign (meaning they are sold on him already) or a sign that his knee is still bothering him....

• -SN- pinned and featured this topic

First, thanks to the OP for putting up a GDT. Was hoping one would go up soon.

11 minutes ago, mll said:

So no Rodin. 

Yes I was bit surprised to see Rodin out. I expected to see guys on the bubble fighting for the last few spots.

Here is the lineup again.

Baertschi Granlund Boeser

Ganger Burmistrov Virtanen

Upshall Sutter Dorsett

Archibald Chaput Megna

Del Zotto Stecher
Pedan Tanev
Wiercioch Biega

Nilsson

The D depth chart needs to finalized. Currently, I would assume that Wiercioch, Biega, and Pedan are in spots 7, 8, and 9, with two of them likely to be kept with the team. (And this would put Holm in Utica to start the season, which makes sense, and Juolevi probably goes to Finland). I would even put Del Zotto in the competition at D. He is at #6 right now on the depth chart on defence and he will likely start the season there, but Green will be getting a read on how he looks compared with Wiercioch, Biega and Pedan. 

As for forwards, the Canucks will certainly have a least one and maybe two fairly tough physical forwards on the team. The guys competing for those spots are Dorsett, Virtanen, Upshall and Archibald (with White on IR). Dorsett has the inside track but the Canucks have to be nervous about his health. And, frankly, he has not looked 100% to me.

But I am surprised to see Megna there instead of Rodin. Chaput is there because the Canucks need someone to play center while Bo recovers and Henrik rests. But I would think that Megna is headed to Utica for sure (after clearing waivers) whereas Rodin is on the bubble. So it is puzzling that Rodin is not in the lineup. I wonder if he has made a full recovery. It is also notable that Goldobin is not in the lineup either. I would have thought that Canucks want their regular season lineup playing on Saturday, so tonight is the night to get a read on the guys on the bubble, and that includes Goldobin as well as Rodin.

What this lineup suggests to me is that Rodin is probably in and Goldy is headed to Utica (along with Holm, Megna, and Chaput).

Obviously Boeser and Virtanen will get a lot of atttention tonight. I think Boeser is in unless something unexpected happens. With Virtanen, I think he needs a good night tonight. I have him at 50-50 to make the team, with tonight's game being very important.

• -SN- unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived