The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What do you want from this season?

CanadianRugby

Simple question.  What do you want to happen this season (realistically) in order for it to be a success in your view.  

For me:

1. Boeser is one of the top rookies

2. Another youngster makes the team (out of camp or partway through season) and shows he belongs in NHL

3. Canucks add a 1st and 2nd round pick (or two 2nd round picks) for next year's draft

- Stecher to take a big step forward. 

- Boeser a Calder candidate

- Virtanen to prove me wrong

- Lowkey hoping for a bottom 5 finish for that high pick

- Big time sellers at the trade deadline

This one is pretty unrealistic but if Benning works a miracle and trades Sutter and/or Dorsett for a decent return.

2 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

Simple question.  What do you want to happen this season (realistically) in order for it to be a success in your view.  

For me:

1. Boeser is one of the top rookies

2. Another youngster makes the team (out of camp or partway through season) and shows he belongs in NHL

3. Canucks add a 1st and 2nd round pick (or two 2nd round picks) for next year's draft

Typically it's just the pending ufa's that moved at the trade deadline and even then only if we're out of the playoff picture. Hansen was moved last season because of the expansion draft. Here's the pending ufa's for this years deadline.....

Sedins (already know they won't be moved)

Vanek

Rodin

Megna

Biega

Wiercioch

I don't really see a first out of that bunch. Or two 2nds for that matter.

47 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

-Bo with 65+ points and an A on his chest all season. 

-Markus with 20+ goals.

-Brock playing 41 or more games.

-Subban finally getting a NHL game in.

-Play that's exciting and competitive most nights, regardless of whether or not we win.

i don't see subban making it in the nhl unless he is moved to a forward position, where he is less of a defensive liability. he has good speed and a good shot. 

What do I want this season?

This season is all about the development and evaluation of existing talent. Yes, making playoffs is down the priority list. I still want to draft top 7 - 8. 

That Horvat centers the top line. 

That this is the Twins swan song. 

That either Edler or Tanev are moved for a 1st Round pick. 

That Gudbranson and Hutton take a step up which I think they can do. 

That the movement of players between Vancouver and Utica is increased through the season. 

What do I want this season,

For the Canucks to finally get a first overall draft pick, who becomes a superstar halloffamer.

Our first ever first overall in what 47 or 48 years,just to even things out a little,and help us to transition to when the Sedins finally hang them up.

Or, the Canucks see the Sedins retire and use their salaries to get Crosby so that next season we could  possibly bring the Cup back to Canada and the first time ever that the Canucks

WIN THE STANLEY CUP!

This is all I want,yeah that's the ticket.

1) Boeser on the team and competing for the Calder.

2) Virtanen on the team and stepping up his game.

3) A big season from Granlund.

4) Horvat to continue his progression.

5) Young Dmen stepping up (Stetcher, Hutton, Gudbranson)

6) More vets shipped out when it becomes apparent we're not a playoff team (Or sooner....The quicker Vanek is out of here the better)

As with most, I really just want a reason to watch the games.  Last season was a total yawnfest.  If we see that then there is a chance we see the playoffs too... Which would be nice, but it isn't like we have any chance for the cup so whatever...

But second to that, I want to see continued development of our players in both the big team and Utica.  We have a lot of young talent now and are completely relying on finding a few stars in the mix to be competitive going forward.

Archived