The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Edmonton Oilers vs. Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 07, 2017 | 7:00 PM PT | CBC

-Vintage Canuck-

44 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

So McD can wheel/score at 40 kmh..big deal(whoop-di-do,eh?). We got some guys who can shoot the biscuit FASTER than that!

Van wins 5~3 to shock the trolls! Bo with 2, Danny, Stecher & LE will frackthe Oil. Half that toxic sludge will be pipelined to the AHL..ferget'aboutit!

Exactly, try scoring at Danny and Hanks top speed of 13 kph, that takes skill.

25 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Dorsett vs Virtanen...?

I'm happy if Dorsett plays a smart game... just causing disruption without taking dumb penalties... Virtanen will get his games sooner or later! Like the radio guys said on tsn1040, Green wanna start his first game on the right foot so better rely on a veteran like Dorsett on the 4th line.

What's the prescription on my homer goggles?  I love the look of our lineup.  

I admit it's a weird one sitting Jake to start but I'll give Green the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe it's a set rotation or the poorest player sits the next game situation.  

Either way he's the guy I trust to keep Jake from regressing back into Cake Virtanen. 

9 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

What's the prescription on my homer goggles?  I love the look of our lineup.  

I admit it's a weird one sitting Jake to start but I'll give Green the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe it's a set rotation or the poorest player sits the next game situation.  

Either way he's the guy I trust to keep Jake from regressing back into Cake Virtanen. 

And we are unbeaten unlike the Penguins and Stars to name a few.::D

7 hours ago, Zoolander said:

Not complaining, but where is Virtanen? 

I AGREE ITS ONLY GAME ONE BUT WE NEED HIS SPEED AND SIZE ON FORECHECK??

What we have seen with the new Jake Virtanen this season is he is playing with confidence  and using his great speed to his advantage.. Thanks thanks Travis Green for working with this young talented canuck..

Jake will have a great season and hope he keeps up with this great level of play..

14G - 34 pts if he plays regular on 3rd  & 4th line duty (12-14 mins avg)

Go Jake Go!

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Dorsett vs Virtanen...?

I get the sense that Dorsett will be paired with Sutter as a shut down pair (to start the season at least).  My guess is Burmistrov will be the one to come out to give Virtanen a chance.

9 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

First time Brock faces Caggiula in the bigs? Friends off. 

Drake from when I watch him is pretty inconsistent. But he certainly has skill. I think he would have benefited a year in the AHL. But that's just my I'd say two cents but I guess the nickel thought?

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I get the sense that Dorsett will be paired with Sutter as a shut down pair (to start the season at least).  My guess is Burmistrov will be the one to come out to give Virtanen a chance.

I agree that Burmistrov and Dorsette will be rotating in and out of lineup depending on teams..Example LA Dorsett in lineup, softer team Burm in.. I think Jake will be in lineup most games after he shows his speed and lots of hits..

8 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

I’m turning down the volume on the tv if they start gushing about the Soilers. I’ll listen to the radio or play some tunes.

Good times. 3-2 Canucks.

:)

If? no my friend, when. It will probably begin during the early game coverage and be at full steam by 7. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If? no my friend, when. It will probably begin during the early game coverage and be at full steam by 7. 

McDankid regularly cures peoples diabetes, walks on water, and feeds the homeless all while putting up consistent 12 point nights in the NHL.

I really like watching McDavid play, but boy oh boy does the media circus around him get irritating. It was the same when Crosby broke into the league.

Archived