The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Antti Niemi, Eric Fehr, Jordan Schroeder, Colin McDonald (Panthers claim Niemi)

32 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

Shame when solid bottom six guys like Fehr get squeezed out. Always liked his game.

Fehr was doing a good job, but lost the roster spot to Dominic Moore. I wonder if a team that needs a 4C picks up Fehr.

32 minutes ago, Visp said:

Vegas needs Niemi... not much choice!

Hahaha -- at this point, Dansk is a better option than Niemi. Shocked that Niemi got a deal in the NHL.

Though many probably expect Tristan Jarry to get called up, I actually think Pittsburgh will end up calling up Casey DeSmith. Casey's gone 3-0 this year with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and has a 0.935 save percentage. Plus, he's 26 so he can sit on the bench without ruining his development -- whereas Tristan's only 22 and, much like Demko, could use more seasoning in the AHL with Niemi has his backup.

But yeah, finally Pittsburgh fixes their mistake.

Also -- I wonder how much Vegas wishes they had just kept Pickard around now?!? Won't be surprised if they make a deal for a backup that could play... maybe the Canucks can snag a late round pick for Richard Bachman from them?!? No?!? No?!?

1 hour ago, JoGuitar said:

Oh Jordan Schroeder, sad his game has never transitioned to the bigs. I always liked him.

He actually had an ok season with Minny.  I mean - not good enough considering what was expected from him when drafted, but better than prior seasons.  I bet someone takes the chance on him.

There has just always felt like something is wrong in this world when Niemi is a Stanley Cup winner and Luongo is not. 

Boy did he ever luck out with having Keith and Seabrook in their prime standing guard in front of him 30min a game.

Archived