The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yes or no to the Sedin’s next year?

Toyotasfan

Yes or No to 1 more year of the Sedins  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Sedin’s next year?

• Yes - 1 more year
    • No - time to retire

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/27/2018 at 07:00 AM

Earlier this year and at the end of last year I was ready for them to retire.....sometimes pretty rarr rarr about it. 

This is past week, I've change my opinion somewhat.  

Who replaces the 100 points?

Is it the sedins on a year to year contract at a reasonable dollar?

is it money saved and used on an fa?

i don't think I would mind if the sedins take it on.

part of me wants a culture/identity change.......but I don't want that to include a losing culture.

having said that:  the reality is we are losing already and most likely will lose more in the ramped up second half.

tough call.

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

True but at the same time I don't see anyone that can step into their spot and get 55 points/season

Don't know who the young UFA with a lot of up side are...but I think E Kane and possibly another could fill the void. Need roster spots and cap space to bring these types of players in that can grow with this young core.

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think we wait and decide about the trade deadline...............

Then if it is unclear, wait until Draft day, and see who we get

Then think about it some more until July 1st

If we sign Tavares then no we don't sign them

If we don't, invite them to training camp

Evaluate the talent that is in camp

If the talent is good enough to honestly play in the NHL, then no

If the talent has still not matured, then sign them

Pretty simple actually!

In saying all that, they have only scored 16 goals between the 2 of them......not a lot of offense really!

how insulting is that

invite them to camp without a contract

get real

that will never happen

pretty low to suggest that in my view

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

Don't know who the young UFA with a lot of up side are...but I think E Kane and possibly another could fill the void. Need roster spots and cap space to bring these types of players in that can grow with this young core.

The way I see it next year will be their last (if not this year) so by then it is sink or swim time anyway. Also, it provides an opportunity for Petersson and Gaudette to be eased in (assuming they make it) with not as much pressure. Still room for E Kane IF management want him and IF he wants to come here.

50 point seasons with a horrid plus minus makes it more like 35 point seasons.

Give me a big skilled winger that can take the body anyday. Our team will adjust and be better as a team that has to work hard in both zones, the Sedins skate to the bench now more to avoid getting a minus than to change.

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

The way I see it next year will be their last (if not this year) so by then it is sink or swim time anyway. Also, it provides an opportunity for Petersson and Gaudette to be eased in (assuming they make it) with not as much pressure. Still room for E Kane IF management want him and IF he wants to come here.

One more year might lead to another year than another year without looking at other opportunities...but if it is for only one more year no matter what, then I might get on board.

This team is a bottom feeder with them on it...one more year won't change that.

9 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

how insulting is that

get real

that will never happen

no it won't, they either sign or retire.............

Just curious..........what is your opinion on them............

I mean, people post things all the time, give opinions.

But I don't really see a lot of GMing from you

Mostly just negative comments to posters

From behind your screen..........

Take your friggin glasses off!

Why not keep them?  There's worse options out there.  
Just having them control the puck on the power play is already enough reason to keep them, watching them yesterday outmaneuver the Kings down low reminds you of how special they really are.  Couple of nifty passes to shuffle the D around, then a quick pass and the PP is set up.  

I think at the very least they're still lower-level 2nd line guys, still very serviceable to keep around for one more year.

14 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

how insulting is that

get real

that will never happen

No, insulting is when you wear an "A" or a "C", and then criticize rookies on TV

But don't backcheck yourself............

That is insulting

29 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Go take a look at 2018 free agents...good luck finding anyone that can put up 48-58 points and signing them cheap.

I'd rather two Vaneks. The twins are first line only players. They have no grit, no hit, no more scoring touch, are slow and only put up PP points. Their defensive 5 on 5 is brutal. Time to pass the torch and create a new identity. We can't fall much further in the standings next year anyway so why no start building for 20/21. Time to rip the band-aide off this team and let the wound heal.

I'm curious to see how this plays out. 

I'd suggest not re-signing right away, but closer to the end of August; both parties can see what the team looks like, what contracts would be fair, and just overall fit.

Of course, I suspect a decision will be made much sooner than that.

Key thing to note, if they do re-sign, then the team won't have a true new identity. This isn't necessarily a problem, but it is something to think about.

7 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

I'd rather two Vaneks. The twins are first line only players. They have no grit, no hit, no more scoring touch, are slow and only put up PP points. Their defensive 5 on 5 is brutal. Time to pass the torch and create a new identity. We can't fall much further in the standings next year anyway so why no start building for 20/21. Time to rip the band-aide off this team and let the wound heal.

You snapped me out of it!

thanks!

Archived