The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour - Larry Brooks - Max Domi

Podz92

4 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

I like this news. Get it done Benning. 

If the asking price for Domi and Rieder is high than we can meet it so long as they take Eriksson back. 

I imagine it would go something like. 

To Arizona: Jake Virtanen

Erik Gudbranson 

Loui Eriksson 

high draft pick

To Vancouver: Max Domi 

Tobias Rieder 

New lines after trade deadline

Domi Horvat Boeser 

Sedin Sedin Baertchi 

Granlund Sutter Rieder 

Gaunce Dowd Gagner 

Archibald 

You call that paying a high price?   Virtanen is looking like another Gaunce, Gudbranson is a pending UFA, Eriksson is , well, we all know.  On top of that, why would Eriksson waive his

nmc to go there?

12 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You call that paying a high price?   Virtanen is looking like another Gaunce, Gudbranson is a pending UFA, Eriksson is , well, we all know.  On top of that, why would Eriksson waive his

nmc to go there?

High price would come in draft picks. The other guys are cheap players to fill temporary roster spots until their next group is ready to replace them. The reason this makes sense for Arizona is that they have made it clear they are a few years behind us in the rebuild by trading away Duclair and potentially Domi and Rieder for picks. 

Canucks will most likely loose the Sedins next year and need someone capable of playing second line Centre. They dont want to put to much on Gaudette to soon. We need to make room for prospects and move out the old guys next season. Everyone wants us to be younger and faster. Virtanen needs a change of sceen. Gudbranson brings size for Arizonas young players. We would sacrifice high draft picks in exchange for loosing Eriksson's contract..

The key for Arizona is our draft picks and Jake Virtanen. It might take a 2019 1st to get it done. 

Canucks new line up issues are solved when the Sedins retire and we can ice a competitive team next season. Domi brings grit and he is a good team guy. 

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

nmc to go there?

Virtanen career in nhl =

117 gp.  14g. 14a. 28p 

Gaunce = 

111gp.  5g. 11a. 16p. 

..... 2 fewer years, 12 more points, 9 more goals. Jakes already better and ...He will be FAR FAR better than Gaunce.

Ps I love Gaunce peferct 4th line winger.. if he cant learn to shoot harder. Has to stop watching Gagner's whiffle ball shot at the net. 

3 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Virtanen career in nhl =

117 gp.  14g. 14a. 28p 

Gaunce = 

111gp.  5g. 11a. 16p. 

..... 2 fewer years, 12 more points, 9 more goals. Jakes already better and ...He will be FAR FAR better than Gaunce.

Ps I love Gaunce peferct 4th line winger.. if he cant learn to shoot harder. Has to stop watching Gagner's whiffle ball shot at the net. 

Virtanen is a dud if Arizona wants him then please take him. Ill take Domi over Virtanrn anyday. 

Gudbranson, Virtanen and a 1st 19 for Domi would be a  horrible deal for us.

What does this team need Rieder for?  Pass on the Lady Byng candidate, thanks.  He doesn't make this team better if he makes it at all.

Keep next year's 1st for gawd sakes - dealing it alone for Domi is a bad idea, let alone throwing away Virtanen prematurely and giving away Gudbranson for nothing.   All that to move Eriksson's contract?   Pass.

Re-sign Gudbranson

Keep the 1st.

Leave Virtanen in Green's hands.

Forget Domi and Rieder.

If we must have Rieder, I hear Hutton is available.

6 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

High price would come in draft picks.

You're undervaluing Virtanen and Gudbranson and way too willing to let go of a potential high pick on top of it.

It is a high price.

Nevermind qwib - he's a Habs homer whose vast majority of posts are an attempt to devalue any Canuck asset. 

7 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

High price would come in draft picks. The other guys are cheap players to fill temporary roster spots until their next group is ready to replace them. The reason this makes sense for Arizona is that they have made it clear they are a few years behind us in the rebuild by trading away Duclair and potentially Domi and Rieder for picks. 

Canucks will most likely loose the Sedins next year and need someone capable of playing second line Centre. They dont want to put to much on Gaudette to soon. We need to make room for prospects and move out the old guys next season. Everyone wants us to be younger and faster. Virtanen needs a change of sceen. Gudbranson brings size for Arizonas young players. We would sacrifice high draft picks in exchange for loosing Eriksson's contract..

The key for Arizona is our draft picks and Jake Virtanen. It might take a 2019 1st to get it done. 

Canucks new line up issues are solved when the Sedins retire and we can ice a competitive team next season. Domi brings grit and he is a good team guy. 

A high and crazy (but perhaps possible from ARZ end) asking price would be Elias Petterson for domi. 

18 hours ago, peaches5 said:

People are sure undervaluing Domi and overvaluing our players. Virtanen and Goldobin combined would be a steal for Domi.

Virtanen was drafted 6th in 2014, Domi was drafted 12th in 2013. Domi looked like he should have been drafted higher than his draft slot, but is having a down year. Virtanen looked like he should have been drafted lower, but is slowly getting better. Both are unique players with sandpaper--Domi has some of the grit of his dad, but is much more skilled; Virtanen is capable of bowling over players, and has an active stick. I would not trade Virtanen for Domi simply because they would be great together. I am not ready to give up on Virtanen, and view him as one of the young players we need to build around. 

Baertschi is having his best year as a pro. He has more power play goals than Domi has goals (7 to 4), despite playing on the second unit. At the age of 25, he is going to be in his prime soon. However, one's prime can be a small window, and Baertschi's might not match up with when we're contending. His value has increased since we traded for him, and Virtanen's is likely at an all-time low. Therefore, it makes much more sense to trade Baertschi than Virtanen. 

I would love to see this:

and this:

On the same team. Wouldn't you?

2 hours ago, NaveJoseph said:

Virtanen was drafted 6th in 2014, Domi was drafted 12th in 2013. Domi looked like he should have been drafted higher than his draft slot, but is having a down year. Virtanen looked like he should have been drafted lower, but is slowly getting better. Both are unique players with sandpaper--Domi has some of the grit of his dad, but is much more skilled; Virtanen is capable of bowling over players, and has an active stick. I would not trade Virtanen for Domi simply because they would be great together. I am not ready to give up on Virtanen, and view him as one of the young players we need to build around. 

Baertschi is having his best year as a pro. He has more power play goals than Domi has goals (7 to 4), despite playing on the second unit. At the age of 25, he is going to be in his prime soon. However, one's prime can be a small window, and Baertschi's might not match up with when we're contending. His value has increased since we traded for him, and Virtanen's is likely at an all-time low. Therefore, it makes much more sense to trade Baertschi than Virtanen. 

and this:

Baertschi, Hutton and a pick (2nd or 3rd) for Domi?

I’d do it 

6 hours ago, NaveJoseph said:

and this:

Virtanen isn't getting better. He looks like he has no idea what he is doing at all out there. He has absolutely no hockey IQ. He strengths are his speed and toughness. He barely uses his speed and he is playing very soft. One little bump on the boards doesn't mean we should keep him. If Virtanen gets you Domi you trade him.

7 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Virtanen isn't getting better. He looks like he has no idea what he is doing at all out there. He has absolutely no hockey IQ. He strengths are his speed and toughness. He barely uses his speed and he is playing very soft. One little bump on the boards doesn't mean we should keep him. If Virtanen gets you Domi you trade him.

Jake has twice the number of goals this season as Domi.  And Jake ne er sees PP, while Domi does.  Maybe Jake is becoming a better player, while Domi is regressing?

I would like them both in our bottom six.  

Hutton is fair for Domi.

If Arizona can get more elsewhere, that’s fine. 

23 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

You lost your argument in your first statement. If you dont think he is slowly improving then Im sorry but your scouting belongs with a team like Edmonton.

16 minutes ago, ohmy said:

You lost your argument in your first statement. If you dont think he is slowly improving then Im sorry but your scouting belongs with a team like Edmonton.

I'm sorry you feel like you're a scout. We're not scouts. The only reason Virtanen is even in the NHL is that he was drafted 6th overall. 

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jake has twice the number of goals this season as Domi.  And Jake ne er sees PP, while Domi does.  Maybe Jake is becoming a better player, while Domi is regressing?

I would like them both in our bottom six.  

Hutton is fair for Domi.

If Arizona can get more elsewhere, that’s fine. 

Sorry Alf, but Domi doesn't belong in the bottom six. Domi is having a bad year because Arizona sucks, he's a proven commodity and is still only 22 years old. 

Archived