The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour - Larry Brooks - Max Domi

Podz92

Virtanen and Domi would be great on a line together. Domi makes Goldobin expendable.
I would not trade Virtanen for Domi. Although I understand why it'd be done since they have similar draft pedigrees.
Just feels like going backwards. 

4 hours ago, Steven Stamkos said:

Saw a tweet saying there is Arizona scouts at the game today and Goldobin is playing first line. Guy can dream right?

Biega also drew into the lineup. Must be a Goldobin + Biega deal for Domi!

There are scouts at every game, Arizona is probably trying to see who's competing with them for Dahlin and trying to see how much worse they have to play in the 4 games we have against them.

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Why does it seem so many people are ready after what almost a full year to swap out Goldobin?

Guy is an offensive talent that the Canucks are developing. Seems many have given up on him for some reason. Patience.

Domi is a better offensive talent. 
I don't think Goldobin is bad. He's a valuable piece in a trade. 

3 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Why does it seem so many people are ready after what almost a full year to swap out Goldobin?

Guy is an offensive talent that the Canucks are developing. Seems many have given up on him for some reason. Patience.

It is the “islander mentality” of Cancouver being isolated on the other side of the Rockies.

As Goldobin was not drafted, he will never be treated the same as drafted players. Vancouver fans also do this to players that were traded for.

You can be the best goalie in the world. If you were traded here, you will always be a stranger”.

5 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Goldobin has to pass through waivers next year and it doesn't look like he's ready for a full time NHL gig. We are in the same place as Pitts Pens were last year with Pouliot. Remember the howls of despair when we lost Corrado for nothing ?

6 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I'll grant he looked 'better' last night but he still struggles away from the puck and doesn't look like an nhl player thus far despite all the offensive skill in the world.

And as @SingleThorn pointed out, he needs to clear waivers next year.

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'll grant he looked 'better' last night but he still struggles away from the puck and doesn't look like an nhl player thus far despite all the offensive skill in the world.

And as @SingleThorn pointed out, he needs to clear waivers next year.

Which is why people need to ask themselves a team like Arizona would be willing to trade a player like domi to take that on. 

7 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I don’t want to watch his play.

Talent he may have, but desire, not so much. 

He is the definition of one dimensional. 

On a soft, perimeter, rebuild roster, he is expendable. 

5 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I don’t want to watch his play.

Talent he may have, but desire, not so much. 

He is the definition of one dimensional. 

On a soft, perimeter, rebuild roster, he is expendable. 

Which is EXACTLY why SJ traded him, and we should too.

Goldy + Hutton = Domi

4 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Would Guddy for Domi work?

I think it might just as a lateral for future trading.

JB needs to keep him or do a sign and trade. 

No, doesn't work.  If it's a sign and trade I assume the trade is because Gudbranson signed for more than the Canucks want to pay.  Arizona isn't a cap team, they won't be looking to overpay for Gudbranson any more than Vancouver would

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

People are sure undervaluing Domi and overvaluing our players. Virtanen and Goldobin combined would be a steal for Domi.

It’s Canuck’s . Com

I think Domi has dropped off a cliff since been given dzone responsibility.  Maybe he’s only a 40-50 one dimensional winger?  We already have those guys, so why add another?  

Archived