The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - VANCOUVER VS TAMPA BAY

Where'd Luongo?

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Anaheims problem is that their top guys have alot of miles on them so injuries are bound to happen.

Our guys who are in their prime are the ones getting injured.

We're not talking about why theyre bottom of the league. It has everything to do with style of play, nothing to do with depth.

I am going to agree to disagree. If anything, they are going with this passive style of play (as you suggest) BECAUSE of their depth, or lack thereof. Do you really think that Green and even Willie would be playing such a passive style if they had stacked rosters like Tampa or Winnipeg? Like I said, their depth has something to do with it.

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

If we weren't injured all year we'd be much closer to a playoff spot, but I still don't remember us being super passive in our own zone prior to this year's injury stack. I think it'd be great if we constantly pressured the puck in our own zone, but I question the speed and talent of our d-corps to do that without being exposed any more than we already are down there.

But again being injured comes back to personnel and style of play. Injuries are inevitable with the way this team is built.

Archived