The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - VANCOUVER VS TAMPA BAY

Where'd Luongo?

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No need to fire benning if he doesn't get a contract ;)

A rebuild is only good if you have the right vets surrounding your young players. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to dump players who are giving weak efforts night after night.

A rebuild does tend to involve trading vets after all.

Not even 4 years in after inheriting a decaying corpse, team's not rebuilt and a contender so lets turf management (again) and start all over with another new crew.  Nothing but impatient myopic reactionary millenialism.  Steinbrenner would be proud.

Just now, yes we can nucks said:

Why?  Because we can't compete with the best team in the league now?  Rome wasn't built in a day. 

4-0 against Buffalo at home...this team needs to be rebuilt properly by someone who knows how to do it.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Not even 4 years in after inheriting a decaying corpse, team's not rebuilt and a contender so lets turf management (again) and start all over with another new crew.  Nothing but impatient myopic reactionary millenialism.  Steinbrenner would be proud.

That's the life of an NHL GM. Not saying it's fair. Just the way it is.

4 years is a long time to have something to show for. One impact player in the NHL after four years might not impress some owners.

Just now, DeNiro said:

No need to fire benning if he doesn't get a contract ;)

A rebuild is only good if you have the right vets surrounding your young players. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to dump players who are giving weak efforts night after night.

A rebuild does tend to involve trading vets after all.

I really hate to use this but honestly how many man games have we lost in the last 3 seasons ?   Only a handful of teams can deal with that kind of adversity.   Not saying Benning is great but he has not been bad either.  The injuries have to be considered here.  Style of play is dictated by the guys on the ice.

Sure, no denying we have accumulated some less than hard nosed players, and i completely want some knuckle draggers on this roster or we will be getting worked for years to come.....but when we are healthy we can compete with the middle of the pack and have beaten some descent teams.

Benning needs to acquire physical depth and i think the team growth will happen a whole lot faster.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Thanks for the millennial reference.  Now I know how my youngest feels.

Archived