The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Stars (AFTERNOON START @1PM)

Odd.

13 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So why even bring him up then? They're back home in 3 days what was the point then? Like really after the Carolina effort you couldn't take someone else out and change it up, sounds more like a Green excuse because Brock is now able to play. Nothing against you VC just it's getting ridiculous imo long travel or not change it up or again why even bring him up could of waited until they we're home.

An extra F.  They had 13F to start the trip - they lost 3 in Gaunce, Gagner and Granlund -- Archibald, Boucher and now Goldobin to stay at 13.

20 minutes ago, Shaelon said:

With brock, they’ll do everything in their power so that he can “play”, you think the canucks would let their top scoring winger sit if he has the ability to play, even at 1%?

I admire Brock for playing hurt but worry that he'd make his injury worse and be out for a longer time.  I hope he and the club are gonna be smart about it.

Having said that ... I hope he gets a hat trick!  He has to make up ground on Barzal after his 5 pt game!

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I do see where you're coming from you. Honestly speaking, I don't think Goldobin will ever be Green's guy nor do I see him being a good fit on the team in the long run.

I see what you're saying but I think Green is making it easier for people to think like that because yes he doesn't like his style and that's not fair imo. Obviously Green likes Boucher seeing how he played him over 15mins last game how is anyone supposed to get into the lineup when he sees Boucher as a better forward then all prospects.

17 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I see what you're saying but I think Green is making it easier for people to think like that because yes he doesn't like his style and that's not fair imo. Obviously Green likes Boucher seeing how he played him over 15mins last game how is anyone supposed to get into the lineup when he sees Boucher as a better forward then all prospects.

The last time Goldobin was in the lineup, he was playing on the fourth line with Gaunce and Baertschi. If Vanek does get traded, I would like to see Goldobin fill that spot and make the best out of his opportunity. He isn't good enough to be in the top-six, but since we aren't making the playoffs, if he can get some confidence going playing with more proven players and if Green is willing to accept the rookie mistakes, then it would be the best for him and his future.

2 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

could be a long day for the Canucks. They have not had any success against the Stars lately.

Based on the last set of games. I'm opting out of watching this one. I'll go watch a BCHL game live instead.  

I'll be checking in but I'm not buying in. Either the teams gonna show up and lose or fall flat on their face.

Until Jim makes some sound moves or we get an influx of kids I'm not confident in this squad.  I'll watch the next game but they better perform.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Based on the last set of games. I'm opting out of watching this one. I'll go watch a BCHL game live instead.  

I'll be checking in but I'm not buying in. Either the teams gonna show up and lose or fall flat on their face.

Until Jim makes some sound moves or we get an influx of kids I'm not confident in this squad.  I'll watch the next game but they better perform.

Went to my first BCHL game a few weeks ago - definitely will be going back!

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Boeser also has an incentive to play this game, after he found Barzal had five assists in his last game. ;)  

Honestly Barzal is gifted with that 5 minute PP last game to get 4 of his last 5 points. Plus he gets to be on a better offensive team. Opposition would put their best shut-down guys out there against Tavares and Barzal gets the much easier matched up. On the PP he also gets to play with the top line, and it's much easier for him to pick up points through secondary assists. Meanwhile, Boeser has no real play making center to set him up for his goals, he really has to do a lot of this himself. He carried this team as much as he could, and this kid as the leadership and maturity that makes him much more impactful than just goals and assists. I really hope he wins the Calder and I hate the Islanders fans for keep saying Barzal > Boeser. If Boeser doesn't win it, I hope McAvoy or somebody other than Barzal wins the Calder. Cuz I simply can't stand those stupid Islander fans.

Archived