The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks recall Philip Holm from Utica

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Play holm and put M DZ  on the market immediately.....     Holm is a younger version of  MDZ and has way more upside due to his younger age..

Time to start selling....

Holm is 26 with 0 NHL games under his belt.

MDZ is 27 with 540 NHL games under his belt. 

How do you come to this conclusion? Holm’s play with Utica? 

3 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Holm is 26 with 0 NHL games under his belt.

MDZ is 27 with 540 NHL games under his belt. 

How do you come to this conclusion? Holm’s play with Utica? 

Do you think if we sell MDZ at the deadline it could put this years playoff run in jeopardy ?

Just now, guntrix said:

I guess that if the offer were good enough, sure. I don't think Holm is half as good as MDZ though but I'd be pleased if he came close.

I am seeing it as sell MDZ while he has high value - get back a prospect ( low value ) but has potential...  to become a everyday player.... high value...

Play low valued Holm with regular NHL ice time..this years.......   and if he plays well his value rises......   We could even move him at next years TDL if we are again a  27th overall club...

1 hour ago, hobart16 said:

Virtual tie for 2d, 3d and 4th in the north, but 5th is a long way off.  Big game tomorrow against Syracuse.  Bancks, Megna, Chatfield, Woods, Brisebois(?) are all out so we have some injuries too. Molino is iffy I think still, and Labate is coming back from illness.  He has had a rough year.  But I think Demko gets the start so we have a chance.

Looks like the Comets got Utica all on board with their success...must be good to be a fan in Utica.

48 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I am seeing it as sell MDZ while he has high value - get back a prospect ( low value ) but has potential...  to become a everyday player.... high value...

Play low valued Holm with regular NHL ice time..this years.......   and if he plays well his value rises......   We could even move him at next years TDL if we are again a  27th overall club...

Groundbreaking stuff. I'm surprised you don't have a plethora of NHL job offers coming in with ideas like this.

5 hours ago, xereau said:

Biega to the wing please.  Please?  Wing.  Thanks.

Just to show folks that there is the possibility of puns other than those based off of Holm's name, we see here a plea for Biega to the wing on a prayer. 

regards,  G.

Well should be interesting to see what Green does.

He has enough F & D already yet we called up Goldobin and now Holm. I sure hope we actually get to see these call ups play.

Phaneuf got dealt, lets hope JB wakes up and doesnt wait too long before he makes his deals. We have enough F & D to be able to move our pending UFA so why hold on to them and risk them getting hurt....Canucks are always plagued by injuries would hate to see a trade asset get hurt then no be moved.

Kind of surprised that Edler doesnt get more trade talk, Tanev does and he has 1 more year than Edler. With rumours of McDonaugh etc would Edler not be in discussion with his short term remaining, I would like to see more Canucks being talked in rumours. Shake this team up see what kind of offers we can get. Does NOT mean you need to trade everyone but Edler for 2 playoff runs is more valuable then just a short term rental next TDL

Gives more of a chance for Holm to play also!

11 hours ago, Pete M said:

Looks like the Comets got Utica all on board with their success...must be good to be a fan in Utica.

It's a blast. Fans here are pretty loyal and there has been a ton of investment in the Adirondack Bank Center and the neighborhood surrounding it.  Should have seen the players' faces after a loss in the first season, which was their 8th in a row to start the season, and they got a standing ovation after the game.  They ended up losing the first 10 games that year, where they sold 1,500 season tickets, and missed the playoffs.  AHL told us there would be a 10% drop off in season tickets after the first year and no playoffs. The next year season tickets went to 2300.  The third year, after the Calder Cup run, they had to do a lottery for 1000 season tickets because they wanted to cap season tickets at about 3300.  The fourth year year they raised the cap to 3500 and sold them all.  The AHL says that top traveling support is from Utica, which is slightly unfair because we are centrally located so hundreds of people go to the Syracuse and Albany (when they had it) games, and there is usually a chunk of people that go to Rochester, Binghamton, Wilkes-Barre Scranton, for away games. I have been up to Toronto for a couple of Comets games with the Marlies.  And there is usually a bus trip to Hershey, which has a very good rink and excellent support for the Bears and is a fun town.  

The local Division 3 college team, Utica College, sells out the Adirondack Bank Center too.  

15 hours ago, Great Granny said:

Don't expect him to play tomorrow. Green never changes the lineup after a win. Utica fans must love having two of their top players munch on popcorn in the pressbox.

Either way it’s good for the boys who do deserve to be up, to gain little gratitude by getting the extra digit on their pay check.

Archived