The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks recall Philip Holm from Utica

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

14 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

As well as Holm has been playing and besides the fact that almost everyone else is injured, I'm wondering if part of the decision to call him up is that he is waiver exempt.  If I'm not mistaken, Wiercioch would have to pass through waivers if we were to call him up and then send him back down?

Not until 10 games or 30 days...until then he would be waiver exempt.

39 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Tanev is broken again?:o

Sami Tanev the invincible :huh:

Dear God, even medical terminology has been hijacked by the PC police... "micro-fracture"?  It's called a crack 
Please whatever you do, don't call Tanev a man, either. He's a people now. :rolleyes:

That aside I hope we see Holm in the lineup tomorrow.
I liked this guy right out of camp. Things can't get any worse for us so time to see what we really have in some of these guys. 
Give Tanev all the time he needs to heal his micro-booboo. Love his game and he's a great player for us but I do believe he's worth more to a contending team than he is to us, simply based on the fact that he won't be here when we're back to being a winner anyway - SELL

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

I'll take that deal. Gettirdunnnnnnn Jimbo! 

There are a lot of people on CDC that will be disappointed with the return Tanex fetches if everyone expects this kind of return. Benning will be crucified because everyone will say he did not get enough. Would any of you give up 2 X 1sts and Martin to obtain the oft injured Tanev?

2 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

There are a lot of people on CDC that will be disappointed with the return Tanex fetches if everyone expects this kind of return. Benning will be crucified because everyone will say he did not get enough. Would any of you give up 2 X 1sts and Martin to obtain the oft injured Tanev?

Nope. Not a chance... which is why I said gettirrrdun lol.

Plus I don't think they'd want to move a guy like Martin. 

I think at the very least there should be a 1st + something more minor... 

This is exactly what needs to happen right now, see what these guys got and don't worry about the score.  If we win more that's telling, especially with Tanev doing his best Salo impression (trying to score from the infirmary), if we slide more in the standings than May the Odds Forever be in our Favour. Ha ha.  Better get the uni press ready for D A H L I N.  This is our year...

And if we get him, Benning won't look so bad right?

Archived