The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade deadline OVER/UNDER Benning trades.= 0.5

canucker1971

2 hours ago, canucker1971 said:

I actually think the Canucks will do nothing at the deadline for three reasons:

1) They will resign Vanek to a 3 year $9,000,00 deal and tell us they couldn't trade their second leading scorer and proven "LEADER", as he is the perfect mentor to our young players.

2) Nobody wanted Vanek because he NEVER does anything in the playoffs.

3) Lenning is so worried about the Twins feelings, that he would never even consider asking them if they would want to go win a Stanley Cup. The Twin coddling will last 2-3 more years, they will then retire.

Oh...yuck.  Simply yuck.   But I see where you are coming from.  Benning and Linden would look like cold hearted pricks if they disrespected the clubs record holders and possible HHOFers, nothing wrong with what they have SAID about them.  But its possible it's just PR and they don't have any intentions on offering them anything when they make up their mind.

We will have to wait and see.  If they are active in this summer's UFAs and bring in Kane, and resign Vanek the writings on the wall.  They already suggested as much in recent media interviews.  

They have to coddle them for pr reasons, if they come back it likely will be Sutter like money,  for one year, and that's not the end of the world either.  Although I'm ready to move on get on with it 

Nope, just being a realist folks. I don't believe in lip service. I believe in only actions. When talk and action are at conflict, I find credibility tarnished.

The good thing is LENNING just resigned for 3 more years, so, that only screams that the Canuck management know there will be a massive uproar when there is nothing done at the trade deadline except for the res-signing of 35 year old Thomas Vanek. LENNING is safe, he got paid. And LENNING knows that 99% of people on these threads will beleive in anything that they say like a bunch of suckers.

TWO, one a doozy!

Boston;  Edler @ 50 % and Vanek @ 50% for Zach Senyshyn & Ryan Lindgren .  Oh, Spooner as a cap dump to fit.

> Boston looks unstoppable on D with this & fills a big hole at RW, some scoring & size.

> Senyshyn plays an abrasive game, can score & has absolutely wicked speed. Jim wanted some size? Not huge, but plays hard, checks, hits.

> Jake & Zach will give teams fits of speed and size they have to match! Leaving one of Lind or Boeser with easy matchups to expose...

> Lindgren gives us a ready made replacement for MDZ Oct 2019.  Snappy & decisive 2 way PMD at 200 lbs. Take Zboril if they will offer?

> Edlers departure gives us a chance to test Holm!

> LHS in 2019 Juolevi, Tryamkin or Holm,.Lindgren, Brisbois,

> RHS Dahlin, Tanev, Guddy & Stech

1 hockey trade; Baertschi for Burakovsky

> Wash has not the time to teach Burakovsky defence. They get similar current offense, but the responsibility & checking Trotz craves!

> Burakovsky has unrefined skill, same speed but an extra 15 lbs, 4''' on Baer & Dahlen.

> Green brought Baer around to a 2 way game. if he can Burakovsky? We'll have similar combo's of speed, size & skill on both wings.

> That gives us Burakovsky, Dahlen,  Goldobin & Gadjovich on the left?  Gaunce can play LW, C or RW.

We get 6 weeks with Ryan Spooner to see if if he is as flakey as advertised?  Plus we need a roster body.  If he has any substance to him, we can consider re-signing him. He's RFA July 1.

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

TWO, one a doozy!

Boston;  Edler @ 50 % and Vanek @ 50% for Zach Senyshyn & Ryan Lindgren .  Oh, Spooner as a cap dump to fit.

> Boston looks unstoppable on D with this & fills a big hole at RW, some scoring & size.

> Senyshyn plays an abrasive game, can score & has absolutely wicked speed. Jim wanted some size? Not huge, but plays hard, checks, hits.

> Jake & Zach will give teams fits of speed and size they have to match! Leaving one of Lind or Boeser with easy matchups to expose...

> Lindgren gives us a ready made replacement for MDZ Oct 2019.  Snappy & decisive 2 way PMD at 200 lbs. Take Zboril if they will offer?

> Edlers departure gives us a chance to test Holm!

> LHS in 2019 Juolevi, Tryamkin or Holm,.Lindgren, Brisbois,

> RHS Dahlin, Tanev, Guddy & Stech

1 hockey trade; Baertschi for Burakovsky

> Wash has not the time to teach Burakovsky defence. They get similar current offense, but the responsibility & checking Trotz craves!

> Burakovsky has unrefined skill, same speed but an extra 15 lbs, 4''' on Baer & Dahlen.

> Green brought Baer around to a 2 way game. if he can Burakovsky? We'll have similar combo's of speed, size & skill on both wings.

> That gives us Burakovsky, Dahlen,  Goldobin & Gadjovich on the left?  Gaunce can play LW, C or RW.

We get 6 weeks with Ryan Spooner to see if if he is as flakey as advertised?  Plus we need a roster body.  If he has any substance to him, we can consider re-signing him. He's RFA July 1.

This is the kind of well thought out, out of the box stuff i enjoy reading...might not agree with all of it but its gud...

if I want "lenning" i just tune into HFBOARDS for a laugh...

Archived