The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3-Way Trade] Penguins acquire Derick Brassard, Vincent Dunn, Tobias Lindberg, 3rd-round pick (OTT); Senators acquire Ian Cole, Filip Gustavsson, 1st-round pick (PIT), 2019 3rd-round pick (PIT); Golden Knights acquire Ryan Reaves, 4th-round pick (VAN)

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Stone... Hoffman... Bazingle... strike while the iron's hot.  We could even arrange something for Ryan if we had to.

At Ryan's cap hit, I might offer them Hutton for him and that Pitt 1st they just got - if they retain 2.5 million over the duration.  H;)

But I'd have to think about it first.

This seems like a pretty fair deal for Ottawa.  Gustavsson looks to have a bright future, and the 1st could be very valuable in this draft.  The Metro division is so tight this year that the Pens could be bounced early in the playoffs and the pick lands in the 20-25 range.  Cole can be flipped for other assets as well.

12 minutes ago, Baer. said:

You actually like what he's doing? Lol.

It's entertaining to watch. I think it's probably going to end up a train wreck lol.  Maybe he can pull it off?  If he moves picks for players at the draft maybe he has a chance.  If he drafts futures the team is doomed.

That is if he keeps selling.  

Someone speculated Sheahan may be on the move for cap purposes.  Random person. Curious if that might be the case. What's his cap hit again?

Ok I looked it up. 2.08 mill not bad. Hope that's not the grit Jim is looking for lol.  Sheahan to ANA I can see. They need to be deeper to contend out west. 

49 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Bleh, that’s awful. I guess you could add Ian Cole or whatever they might end up trading him for to that last but it doesn’t make it look much better. 

true - but Pitt's 7th D.

I forgot to add the 2nd Ottawa added to Ziba in the Brassard deal (while Ott got a 7th)

6 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

The Pens still need a fast skating transitional D. Hutton is like a perfect match.  Not sure they got the hard to play against guy Jim wants.

Could be for futures or skill. I see Hutton in PIT by Monday.

Riley Sheahan fits the bill.

Not physical but he`s big and he`s a good two-way guy.

Trading Hutton for a 26 year old 30-40 point player in his prime is not a bad deal. Would be a great winger for Gaudette to be paired with.

14 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

The Pens still need a fast skating transitional D. Hutton is like a perfect match.  Not sure they got the hard to play against guy Jim wants.

I think my game is kinda tough to play against,” the undrafted forward says. “I play both sides of the puck pretty well, I like to play physical. I like to play down low and in the dirty area of the  ice and get puck to the net. I try to get under some guys' skins. It's all part of my game. That's what I pride myself on.”

Zach Aston-Reese

https://www.si.com/nhl/2017/03/03/zach-aston-reese-northeastern-ncaa-free-agent-scouting

How would you say... 'bingo'?

B)

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

He's putting up really good numbers in the Swedish league at 19.

I believe he was the top ranked goalie behind Carter Hart in his draft if I remember correctly. 

Ottawa needs a goalie of the future so this is a solid move IMO.

If he turns out a decent goalie I'd say the Sens get the win.

Archived