[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Anaheim Ducks - March 27 - 7PM PST - Rogers Arena

pluralsight

28 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Travis Green also mentions:

• Chris Tanev is done for the year with a knee sprain
  • Ben Hutton is still sidelined with a foot infection
  • Brendan Gaunce or Brendan Leipsic will not play tonight
  • Jacob Markstrom starts in net

At this point I doubt he's gonna last until 30 in the NHL if he keeps getting injured..

38 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Chris Tanev is done for the year with a knee sprain

All I can think about is the possible return we could've had for Tanev at the deadline, same with Baertschi.  Oh well.

10 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

All I can think about is the possible return we could've had for Tanev at the deadline, same with Baertschi.  Oh well.

We still might get a 2019 pick for Baer, but I think Tanev is going to be far more valuable to us now as a mentor for guys like Juolevi or if lightning strikes and we ended up with Dahlin I'd want him paired with Tanev for his first few seasons.  

2 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

I hope Miller starts for the Ducks. 

It appears like John Gibson will get the start for the Ducks.

On a side note, Troy Terry, who was signed to a three-year, entry-level contract today, will make his NHL debut tonight for the Ducks. He was selected 148th overall, just one pick before the Canucks took Adam Gaudette with their 149th pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

On a side note, Troy Terry, who was signed to a three-year, entry-level contract today, will make his NHL debut tonight for the Ducks. He was selected 148th overall, just one pick before the Canucks took Adam Gaudette with their 149th pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.

That's interesting, can't remember a time when back to back 5th round picks have turned into something worthwhile. 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Odds that Terry scores his 1st goal?

4 hours ago, whytelight said:

Horvat pulls in a pass from Goldobin for a 30 yard major to make it 1-0.

Jokinen lands a triple Salchow to make it 2-0.

Sutter nails his 7-10 split to make it 3-0.

Welinski putts one off the back of Markstrom's head to make it 3-1

This post is motivating me to go to the game - that salchow is going to be amazing...usually I just see Edler with the double (k)lutz

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

We still might get a 2019 pick for Baer, but I think Tanev is going to be far more valuable to us now as a mentor for guys like Juolevi or if lightning strikes and we ended up with Dahlin I'd want him paired with Tanev for his first few seasons.  

If we can get a late 1st for Baer in this draft, that would be nice. Lot of great defencemen going in the late 1st round this year.

Archived