The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks call up Thatcher Demko from Utica on Emergency Basis

Adarsh Sant

49 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Funny

I must be the only guy who doesn't want Demko in a game this year. It's not like any good come out of it. Marky is turning the page, not sure if Cloutier has been away, but Marky has been less like Clouts and more like an NHL goalie for the last week.

The paycheck and a few practices with the team is good experience for Demko. I don't see how throwing him out there with unfamiliar D and a really shakey forward group will do him any good.

Stay healthy Marky. I don't want this seasons crap affecting Demko's psyche.

Edit- looks like @combover and I are on the same page. Which isn't often..

If he is for real, whoever is front of him won't matter.  If he gets lit up even, it shouldn't matter.  If it rattles him forever, he isn't for real.

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So one of the goalies is sick makes sense since the bug is going around and one maybe tweaked something which I don't believe yet, but sadly could be possible.... Demko starting and backup would be..... Cloutier... Hirsch... no let's go get a beer league Goalie instead much more fun!

bug-tank.jpg

TANK BUG

16 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So one of the goalies is sick makes sense since the bug is going around and one maybe tweaked something which I don't believe yet, but sadly could be possible.... Demko starting and backup would be..... Cloutier... Hirsch... no let's go get a beer league Goalie instead much more fun!

I'd trust a beer league goalie more than letting Cloutier stink up the joint again.  Unless he's living proof that the adage "those who can't do, teach" is true, he needs to be fired before he ruins Demko.

18 minutes ago, xereau said:

If he is for real, whoever is front of him won't matter.  If he gets lit up even, it shouldn't matter.  If it rattles him forever, he isn't for real.

Marky's been real gud lately and there's just no reason to harsh his mellow by bringing in some kid that almost everyone wants to have steal his job. 

I don't see JB trading for an upgrade so it's obvious Marky is our starter next season, considering how well he's been playing I think you ride him out.

A brand new goalie changes how the defence plays too. They've just started looking kinda okay, totally average but not horrible.

But if Demko does get a start, I'll be excited to watch him play and won't say it's the wrong thing to do. I'd only put him out there if I had to.

2 hours ago, samurai said:

I just want to correct you on calling the Comets weak, lack of depth - yes, but they play hard and as a result made the playoffs.  Demko was great but he didn't carry the team - the A is not pee wee hockey.  

????? They have a lack of depth??  There picking players up that are not signed to fill holes in lineup?? You must not follow them very close??  Manager there should get a big A for getting this team into the playoffs.. Goaltender Demko was great,?  Are you looking at the same team? 

Bouche, 38 games, Goldobin, both are very good forwards for AHL MacEwen has had a okay season for a rookie... They have a few veteran D men that are over 26 one they traded to Vegas....

Best D man has been hurt for most of season, McEneny,  Young guy Chatfield 20, Briesbois 20,  sautner 24 will be # 3-6 guys one day ..

Young drafted players like  Lind, Dahlen, Gadjovich, Juolevi, will be there next yr..

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

????? They have a lack of depth??  There picking players up that are not signed to fill holes in lineup?? You must not follow them very close??  Manager there should get a big A for getting this team into the playoffs.. Goaltender Demko was great,?  Are you looking at the same team? 

Bouche, 38 games, Goldobin, both are very good forwards for AHL MacEwen has had a okay season for a rookie... They have a few veteran D men that are over 26 one they traded to Vegas....

Best D man has been hurt for most of season, McEneny,  Young guy Chatfield 20, Briesbois 20,  sautner 24 will be # 3-6 guys one day ..

Young drafted players like  Lind, Dahlen, Gadjovich, Juolevi, will be there next yr..

lol lol A pee wee hockey ..lol  Do you remember Hasek ??????? Demko was there Hasek this season.... Its true..

5 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

OMG I AM GOING TO TOMORROW’s GAME!!! I got tickets to the game way back in January, as of 3 weeks ago I thought this game is gonna suck with Boeser out and we are in tank mode. Then Gaudette arrives and I was thrilled to get a chance to see him play and if Demko is starting tmr, it would of been like a WOW!!!

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

Marky's been real gud lately and there's just no reason to harsh his mellow by bringing in some kid that almost everyone wants to have steal his job. 

I don't see JB trading for an upgrade so it's obvious Marky is our starter next season, considering how well he's been playing I think you ride him out.

A brand new goalie changes how the defence plays too. They've just started looking kinda okay, totally average but not horrible.

But if Demko does get a start, I'll be excited to watch him play and won't say it's the wrong thing to do. I'd only put him out there if I had to.

I think for the most part Marky has been pretty good for most of the year, except the stretch where the top D players on our team were hurt. I think people forget that this is his first year as A starter, not an easy adjustment. Also, its funny how people here bash Marky, but when it comes to Demko they use every excuse if he has a bad game yet Marky gets ripped apart. I think Demko will be better than Marky and giving him A game is fine. I just think people need to give Marky some rope considering the team and the fact it is his first season as A starter. Also, we need Rolly back.

Archived