The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Retirement] The Sedins to retire at the end of the season

HerrDrFunk

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Henrik stood in front of the team and said: Well boys, we’re done! It was a shock to the room. They raised the bar for this organization.” - Virtanen

The last Sedinery. :)

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I watch every warm up skate from the glass when I'm in attendance.  I can tell you that Hank has NEVER ignored the wide eyed kids peering, awestruck, at their "hero".   His routine is to grab a puck on his stick and flip it over the glass to the kids waiting on the other side.  I've caught a few and, as I've taken it upon myself to be his self proclaimed "assistant", always pass them to the nearest kid. 

This pic is from Tuesday...I warned the kids in advance as, the game prior, two kids got bonked on the head who weren't paying attention.  Cried until they realized they got a puck. 

I shall miss this ritual a great deal......  *sniff*

29790911_10156008263750549_7710268155490

What a great post!

My oldest daughter is 17 & we left Vancouver 14 years ago?  She has a puck!

My younger daughter has a jersey signed by Bieksa & Danny about 5 years ago from one of our visits.  

These ''little'' moments are special!

The end of the best era of Canucks hockey.

Sad to see them go but also so grateful for what they gave to the city and the fans.

Very glad they went out on top too. 50 point seasons in your last year is very respectable. There's no doubt they could've played another year if they wanted to. This was a personal decision not a decision based on their level of play.

Thank you Daniel and Henrik!!

Im lost for words... feeling empty. I think it will take me a while before I get used to this. 

Thank you Henrik and Daniel for the past 18 years. Thank you for showering our city with love and bringing your one of a kind talents to our franchise. Im glad we all got to see you both grow into Hall of Fame players but even more happy to see you both grow into fine individuals. We will never forget anything

you guys brought to this franchise from the way you both always strived for nothing but greatness to your dedication and love for our community. You both were always the heart and soul of the team.

I wish you both nothing but the best and I know that was what you both always wanted for everyone. 

Sincerely,

HOFsedins

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“I thought these last few weeks of playing with me on their line might have convinced them to play longer...” - Gagner

Haha.

Message to Gagner:

Gags, you need them more they need you. In fact they didn’t need you at all. 

13 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

You're done with the best players ever to wear a Canuck jersey?

I am long-done with the twins. 

I do not consider them to be ‘the best players to ever wear a Canucks jersey’.

BTW, it’s a sweater, not a jersey. 

I know now it’s hard for posters to believe, but I think the team is better off without their sheltered deployment scheme. The Team is better for their retirement. 

They deserved better............but life isn't a fair game.

More respect, less abuse - from opponents, officials, the league, fans, media ....

But it never changed them. 

They are Champions in life - no ring or trophy can top that.

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I watch every warm up skate from the glass when I'm in attendance.  I can tell you that Hank has NEVER ignored the wide eyed kids peering, awestruck, at their "hero".   His routine is to grab a puck on his stick and flip it over the glass to the kids waiting on the other side.  I've caught a few and, as I've taken it upon myself to be his self proclaimed "assistant", always pass them to the nearest kid. 

This pic is from Tuesday....lol two of the kids got bonked on the head with the puck as it bounced over.  Cried until they realized....they got a puck. 

I shall miss this ritual a great deal......  *sniff*  Might not go back down there for awhile.....will seem empty.

29790911_10156008263750549_7710268155490

I don't care that they didn't knock heads around out there.  I DO care that they took time to do this stuff.  Always, without fail.

I'd tell you to keep heading down there, Deb.  The twins will have taught the young ones well; someone will pick up where they left off.

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I am long-done with the twins. 

I do not consider them to be ‘the best players to ever wear a Canucks jersey’.

BTW, it’s a sweater, not a jersey. 

I know now it’s hard for posters to believe, but I think the team is better off without their sheltered deployment scheme. The Team is better for their retirement. 

Again, your feelings are yours and therefor fair, this is just not the time or the place for it.

Archived