The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Retirement] The Sedins to retire at the end of the season

HerrDrFunk

Anyone else remember the game where Henrik for tossed out of the face-off circle.  Then Danny and Hank skate around each other. Then hank comes back in and takes the draw pretending to be Daniel.

Haha I loved that. Too funny the commentators were laughing.

1 minute ago, captainhorvat said:

Damn I was really hoping they came back for one more season. So many great memories with these two. They really were the true definition of pros with class. They will be missed but at the same time I look forward to seeing a new era of leaders start to evolve with this team. Going to be a tear jerker at my  house on sat night lol

it was on the cards.  It was reported that Kesler, Kevin and Miller had gone over to see them after the game last week.  Another reporter cryptically mentioned that a big announcement was coming monday - people knew and it leaked a bit.  

Naslund and Sundin went out with gas still in the tank.  

Just now, Western Red said:

A few of your guys comments have gotten me misty. I was quite surprised to read this letter on CDC this morning. I thought one more year for sure.

That's all I can say now.. too emotional.

their were little signs and leaks that they were going to retire.  

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

I hope they comeback in some managerial aspect. 

I think they will. They still want to win that cup. They said this season that they want to help new genration of Canucks win the cup one day. Can't remember the clip but when Henrik said that I thought for sure he was meaning one day as in part of the management group or whatever role they are given. I do hope that one day they can raise Lord Stanley above their heads with the team they helped build and create. 

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Let this sink in.

Edler will be the longest serving Canuck now. (2006-2007)

Eriksson will be (prior to free agency) the highest paid Canuck.

The times they are a changin' .....

Damn, if I wasn't sad enough as it is...

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Bo is our next captain next year I assume.  Start of a new era. I remember quite clearly when Hank got the C.  

JB got a lot of work to do in off season. Big cap room freed up.  Wonder who he will bring in to help the young guys. 

I was there for the season opener against the Kings when they gave him the “C”. I’m so glad I got to see some important games and that one ranks up there in one of the most important. 

I've been advocating to move on from the Sedins but it doesn't make it any easier for me to digest the announcement.

The best players ever who put on blue and green.

The best brothers ever who played in the NHL.

The best players who never got the recognition they deserve.

We have many good young players coming up but no one will eclipse the exceptional twins' marks for a long time, likely ever.

Long live 22 and 33, thank you for everything.

1 minute ago, samurai said:

their were little signs and leaks that they were going to retire.  

All I heard was 50/50. I made the mistake of assuming they'd be back. 

IMO, they kept a good lid on it at the Sedins request. I do see it now.

4 minutes ago, samurai said:

it was on the cards.  It was reported that Kesler, Kevin and Miller had gone over to see them after the game last week.  Another reporter cryptically mentioned that a big announcement was coming monday - people knew and it leaked a bit.  

Naslund and Sundin went out with gas still in the tank. 

Heard this, too.   Thought "they aren't sure if they're coming back (either)" as I drove back/forth to games this week.   But I still wasn't ready, despite mentally preparing for it.  Gonna be weird...

1 minute ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Pretty crazy the feelings I have right now. It's like my dog has just died. It's kinda like that. As you know they will never live as long as you will. So when they go you are sad and wanting more time...if that makes sense, that's how I feel.

Basically remember this. Be thankful for what you've got. 

Archived