The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Retirement] The Sedins to retire at the end of the season

HerrDrFunk

I'm legit in tears right now. 

In a way, I see this as being a sign of my own age, that the players who I grew up with are now retiring. 

The Sedins gave everything they had to the Canucks and to the game. They were class acts and never once faltered in the spotlight of the Vancouver media. 

I will miss the dazzling plays, but more than anything, I'll miss the steadiness of their leadership and their accountability. 

They deserved to hoist a Cup over their heads, but not having done so will not diminish everything they accomplished. 

Thank you Daniel and Henrik, for bringing pride to the Canucks. May you have a great retirement. 

PS - forget Team Tank. Let's end the season in style for them 

2 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I didn't think I could like you any less as a poster before this post. I was wrong. Not only disrespecting 2 greats, but the audacity to adress something so frivolous in the same post really set a new standard of bad posting around here.

Get a lid on your feelz.

Disrespecting the twins shouldn’t be as easy as stating that I don’t think they were “ the best players to ever wear a Canucks “jersey”’.

A8EE1309-04F2-4CF7-B755-6C7B89C6FAFD.jpeg.bbd36b60a889cdd68e69b64e42079f79.jpeg

I don’t want you to like me. I want you to think for yourself and consider and respect opposing thought. This isn’t a creed-popularity contest for me.

I got exactly what I wanted out of my team this year.

A Tank and the Sedins off the roster.

Nobody posting here is as happy as a Canucks fan as I am today. 

Next step, June 28th and then July 1st to replace these old men in a young man’s game.

Shoot the messenger all you guys like. I love this news! 

For all of those slamming forum members that are expressing joy and/or hope regarding this announcement.

Why you name calling? People are allowed their opinions and feelings and except in the most extenuating of circumstances it isn't rude to state them. This forum is not one of those circumstances.

It is not disrespectful to comment on this post expressing joy of players departure, no matter how great the players were. 

16 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I am long-done with the twins. 

I do not consider them to be ‘the best players to ever wear a Canucks jersey’.

BTW, it’s a sweater, not a jersey. 

I know now it’s hard for posters to believe, but I think the team is better off without their sheltered deployment scheme. The Team is better for their retirement. 

885325f965f6bb6c0ad83ccb01c8f6df.jpg

I'm quite happy for the things that the Sedins have brought to the organization. It's been a good run, but I'm also glad they've chosen to retire with dignity rather than hang on that 'year too long' like so many others before.

And by holding off, the circus around their retirement is held off too. It's all class, all the way.

1 minute ago, hockeyville88 said:

I'm legit in tears right now. 

In a way, I see this as being a sign of my own age, that the players who I grew up with are now retiring. 

The Sedins gave everything they had to the Canucks and to the game. They were class acts and never once faltered in the spotlight of the Vancouver media. 

I will miss the dazzling plays, but more than anything, I'll miss the steadiness of their leadership and their accountability. 

They deserved to hoist a Cup over their heads, but not having done so will not diminish everything they accomplished. 

Thank you Daniel and Henrik, for bringing pride to the Canucks. May you have a great retirement. 

PS - forget Team Tank. Let's end the season in style for them 

No need to worry about team tank. It’s a non factor for what actually happens on the ice. 

Every guy in that dressing room will play the next three for the Sedins. 

2 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Get a lid on your feelz.

Disrespecting the twins shouldn’t be as easy as stating that I don’t think they were “ the best players to ever wear a Canucks “jersey”’.

A8EE1309-04F2-4CF7-B755-6C7B89C6FAFD.jpeg.bbd36b60a889cdd68e69b64e42079f79.jpeg

I don’t want you to like me. I want you to think for yourself and consider and respect opposing thought. This isn’t a creed-popularity contest for me.

I got exactly what I wanted out of my team this year.

A Tank and the Sedins off the roster.

Nobody posting here is as happy as a Canucks fan as I am today. 

Next step, June 28th and then July 1st to replace these old men in a young man’s game.

Shoot the messenger all you guys like. I love this news! 

If this is what makes you happy, you must have nothing of value in your life besides this forum. I seriously fear what would happen to you if you got banned. 

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

True.  My guess is Stech...who hangs out in that corner and has picked up where Burr left off in fetching pucks out of the net.  Just going to really miss those two faces....

Sure, but whoever does end up picking up the slack for the twins is still gonna need an 'assistant' on the other side of the glass ^_^  Just sayin'.

these last 3 games are going to be all i think about all week now. 

i have a feeling the fans in edmonton will be able to respect the sedins on Saturday for one last time.

Thankyou both for being such a big part of my sports life. ive only shed tears a few times for sports. Passing of current players, Naslund and linden retiring, losing our game sevens and pretty soon for you 2

True sport heros for me and so many

Archived