The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning will represent the Canucks at the Draft Lottery

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

When Canucks drop 2 to 3 spots in the draft...Standard Operating Procedure...I hope JB tells it like it is, when questioned by the clowns at the circus.

And another one or two of the Betman "favored teams" moves up into the top three?  The lottery clearly rigged.  If it's not rigged, why is it done in secret, and it's so bloody complicated?

We have never had the first pick; we deserve to be a Betman "favorite". 

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And another one or two of the Betman "favored teams" moves up into the top three?  The lottery clearly rigged.  If it's not rigged, why is it done in secret, and it's so bloody complicated?

After the next CBA and the Nucks being in the bottom of the league for 4 or 5 years, they change the draft "because it wasn't doing what a draft was intended to do", it is a just pure fluke that some major markets are at the bottom and need help fast.:picard:

The complicated part is in the 1000's of number assigned to each team and those numbers are not public until after the lottery. I do not see why they aren't. I believe those numbers are given the teams before the ping pong ball drop.

There is another way to make it pure chance, "chicken bingo":lol:

It would be a real innovation if they had animals some how randomly pick numbers in stead, is it even possible for the ping pong ball drop to be rigged?  

Well one thing is assured, if it was rigged somehow, the Canucks will not get the number1 overall next year due to Linden's comments at the draft announcement where he said they paid for it.:sadno:

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

can't see them picking lower than 7th...

Bettman trying to justify that the Canucks finishing bottom 6 for the last three years is the result of them tanking and not trying and therefore the Canucks do not deserve to pick top 3...even though they went 6-2-2 down the stretch this year...pick 5 is where they should be picking if they finish bottom 3 and picking 7 is where they should be picking when they finish 6th (tied with two other teams or is it only tied with one other team).

Clown: Gary is the draft lottery fair for the bottom 5 teams who seem to simply lack talent? 

Gary: Absolutely it is fair because all teams are recognized who did not make the playoffs and get a shot at 1st OA...those bottom 5 teams should have tried harder even though they don't have the talent to compete to get wins. It doesn't make sense that the bottom teams should be guaranteed a top 5 pick. For those bottom place teams to have higher odds to drop in the draft to pick later than they should if there were no lottery, to me seems fair.

45 minutes ago, Pete M said:

When Canucks drop 2 to 3 spots in the draft...Standard Operating Procedure...I hope JB tells it like it is, when questioned by the clowns at the circus.

I am actually getting excited for draft day. I shouldn't. But I am. I feel we are getting a top 3 pick. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment again but I am having a hard time not doing it.

Focus Rush. Focus.  We are getting the 7th,  8th, or 9th pick.  #temperexpectations

I'll be 'ok' if we stay at 6 or land at the most mathematically likely, 7th. Disappointed if we drop to 8 or 9.

Hoping and praying to alter of Gordie for a lotto pick though. We're beyond due.

Regardless of what happens, there's good players available in the top 9...but Dahlin, or our choice of some of Svech/Zadina/Boqvist/Tkachuck, sure would be nice...

45 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

After the next CBA and the Nucks being in the bottom of the league for 4 or 5 years, they change the draft "because it wasn't doing what a draft was intended to do", it is a just pure fluke that some major markets are at the bottom and need help fast.:picard:

The complicated part is in the 1000's of number assigned to each team and those numbers are not public until after the lottery. I do not see why they aren't. I believe those numbers are given the teams before the ping pong ball drop.

There is another way to make it pure chance, "chicken bingo":lol:

It would be a real innovation if they had animals some how randomly pick numbers in stead, is it even possible for the ping pong ball drop to be rigged?  

Well one thing is assured, if it was rigged somehow, the Canucks will not get the number1 overall next year due to Linden's comments at the draft announcement where he said they paid for it.:sadno:

The more complicated any lottery (or election) is, the more it is easy to manipulate the results.  I remember the NBA simply pulling envelopes with team names hidden inside for the Patrick Ewing (consensus number one pick, and a franchise center).  The New York team won the pick (best place for Ewing to go for the league) and there were serious allegations that the New York envelop was frozen cold, so it could be easily selected by the then commissioner.  I think Bettman worked for the NBA at that time too!  

Somehow I see them taking Boqvist, he may have skating and offensive skills but his size makes him a one off, either is a star or he isn't in the NHL due to size.

Benning was the same size as him and Benning has already said he likes Euro's better.

Boqvist is no Krug.

I hope for Dobson at the least if the Nucks end up with a later pick but would really like the #1, it is our turn for two years in a row, then they can start looking at building for a cup run.

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I am actually getting excited for draft day. I shouldn't. But I am. I feel we are getting a top 3 pick. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment again but I am having a hard time not doing it.

Focus Rush. Focus.  We are getting the 7th,  8th, or 9th pick.  #temperexpectations

that's the approach I'm taking too. Hopefully, JB can improve our "D" in the offseason and pick the BPA at the draft...then the BPA becomes a stud forward or Dman.

The last few years, I thought the Canucks had a good chance of getting the 1st. I mean, they finished 2nd and 3rd last those years. Nope, Lamoriello's former team (NJ) won last year and the year before was Lamoriello's current team (TOR). Hmmm, interesting. 

This year, I have no expectations, other than the Canucks will probably get screwed again. If they get a Top 3, I will be shocked.   

29 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

on second thought, send Fin instead. 

They actually tried but the league wouldn't let them lmao:

"Only because I’m feeling the sentiment from our fans, like: ‘Dude, you’re 0-for-2, maybe you should sit this one out,’" Linden said. "And I couldn’t agree with them more. We tried to send Fin (the team mascot) but Bill Daly and Gary Bettman weren’t too receptive to that idea so Jim’s going to go and represent us.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/draft-lottery-win-vancouver-canucks/

16 hours ago, oldnews said:

The Canucks were the best team (6-2-2) through the last 10 games of the season among the 15 teams in the lottery.

Imo that should give them the win.

Combined with repeated b.s. drops in position, justice would dictate a win.

Which means we're probably picking 9th, maybe 8th if we're 'lucky' lol, 6th if the gods smile on us.

Prepare to pick 9th.

We're picking 1st.

We've never picked 1st, nor have we ever had an elite #1D. We're long overdue for both. This year's lottery will correct all that.

1 hour ago, Brad Marchand said:

They actually tried but the league wouldn't let them lmao:

Lol

JB should dress up like Johnny Canuck. The whole show is for fans right? Why not?  I rather see that than bunch of suits in a room looking like they are about to be executed.  

Next year they should send a group of ahem representatives...some hockey loving people who are super knowledgeable and gather, regularly, to discuss the sport.  They can call us them the Levor Trinden Team.  The Bim Jennings Group.

Archived