The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Ducks ask Corey Perry for a list of teams he’d be willing to be traded too

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Was a dumb contract the second the Ducks gave it to him. Kesler's and Getzlaf's dumb contracts soon to follow. Ducks will wollow in mud with these aging players.

I love those awful contracts are catching up with Ducks!!!! The last Kesler contract 2 years ago had me shaking my head..lol  He must of been 32 then....Looks great on them....

Lets hope Vancouver keep cap in line like Nashville....

Boser will have to be signed soon...Say 6 yrs -- 6 to 6.5 Million

No other big contracts to sign after Boser...

2 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I love those awful contracts are catching up with Ducks!!!! The last Kesler contract 2 years ago had me shaking my head..lol  He must of been 32 then....Looks great on them....

Lets hope Vancouver keep cap in line like Nashville....

Boser will have to be signed soon...Say 6 yrs -- 6 to 6.5 Million

No other big contracts to sign after Boser...

Petterson

Tryamkin - if he returns

Juolevi

Demko

45 minutes ago, mll said:

Some interesting comments by CapFriendly with the upcoming expansion.  Clarkson is on IR - they could create up to an additional 5M if they use LTIR.  

I keep thinking Tavares to Las Vegas.

This just adds more fuel to that.

Very interesting idea with Tavares possibly going to the Knights. It's not a hockey town, so he would appreciate the lack of attention and privacy. 

I really don't like the Ducks, and it makes me happy to see them in  a pickle with some of those albatross contracts. Kesler left to join the Ducks and win a Cup (and enjoy the sun). Okay then, we know how that's working out. Plus he's now got constant injuries, hip troubles, etc.

But saying that:

to VAN: Perry and 1st (2019)

to ANA: a bottle of suntan lotion for Kesler

lol

3 hours ago, billabong said:

https://www.tsn.ca/erik-karlsson-tops-first-trade-bait-board-of-the-summer-1.1105047

its at the bottom 

I know it’s says “last season” but this rumour is gonna start to heat up now that’s its the off season 

any takers? He’s 33 and his contract is 8.6m for 3 more years 

Lucic for Perry trade.    Book it.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Having trouble cracking 20 goals the last couple years, 50 point player. Almost 9 mil for a 15ish goal scorer? Gonna have to give him a hard pass unless they wanna send us Montour as well. Not to mention I feel comfortable with our RW depth going forward. Pettersson, Boeser, Virtanen, Eriksson, Goldobin, Gagner (lets be honest he's not good enough for center). No game changers there but they are sufficient enough that grabbing a 33 year old 9 million dollar player isn't worth it. Hell, Virtanen could score 15-20 next year. A bit hopeful sure, but 14 goals from Virtanen at like 1.5 mil is better than 18 goals from a 9 million dollar Perry.

Last season we had 3 players crack 20 goals (more than the last couple of seasons). One is now retired. Perry is still a 50-60 point player which would've led our team or been right up at the top. Virtanen could put up 15 goals but I don't see him getting anywhere near 50 points yet. With that said, Perry is certainly not worth his contract, but I wouldn't be opposed to acquiring him if we can gain something for taking the cap dump.

Perhaps the move could be Eriksson/Gagner for Perry to offset some cap, so Anahiem saves some cap and they give us a 2nd or 3rd. If Anaheim is looking to unload all of the cap or retain a bit, then I'd expect their 2019 1st (lottery protected) and I would give up Goldobin. They get a younger, cheaper player with good offensive potential for their rebuild/retool. We gain a 50-60 point player and a 1st plus Goldobin would have to pass through waivers this year and I'm not quite sold he deserves a full time spot on the team.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Last season we had 3 players crack 20 goals (more than the last couple of seasons). One is now retired. Perry is still a 50-60 point player which would've led our team or been right up at the top. Virtanen could put up 15 goals but I don't see him getting anywhere near 50 points yet. With that said, Perry is certainly not worth his contract, but I wouldn't be opposed to acquiring him if we can gain something for taking the cap dump.

Perhaps the move could be Eriksson/Gagner for Perry to offset some cap, so Anahiem saves some cap and they give us a 2nd or 3rd. If Anaheim is looking to unload all of the cap or retain a bit, then I'd expect their 2019 1st (lottery protected) and I would give up Goldobin. They get a younger, cheaper player with good offensive potential for their rebuild/retool. We gain a 50-60 point player and a 1st plus Goldobin would have to pass through waivers this year and I'm not quite sold he deserves a full time spot on the team.

You gotta factor in he was on a playoff team though. 50 points on a playoff team isn't that great. Bo dropped 50 on, what, the 5th worst team in the league? He won't hit 50 points if his linemates are Sutter, Eriksson, Gagner etc on this team.

7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

You gotta factor in he was on a playoff team though. 50 points on a playoff team isn't that great. Bo dropped 50 on, what, the 5th worst team in the league? He won't hit 50 points if his linemates are Sutter, Eriksson, Gagner etc on this team.

That may be true, but Perry will more likely be getting higher end offensive minutes still, so I imagine he would be playing amongst our top offensive players and not the ones you have listed. He may even gel with one of the up and coming young players. Getzlaf was hurt a big portion of the year and even though the team made the playoffs, they were swept in the first round. I'm not fighting to acquire him, but I wouldn't be opposed to it if we can gain assets from it. Vanek looked okay here and if we were to retain cap, Perry may have value to some team at the trade deadline as a brand name (see Rick Nash) and Cup winning experience.

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

That may be true, but Perry will more likely be getting higher end offensive minutes still, so I imagine he would be playing amongst our top offensive players and not the ones you have listed. He may even gel with one of the up and coming young players. Getzlaf was hurt a big portion of the year and even though the team made the playoffs, they were swept in the first round. I'm not fighting to acquire him, but I wouldn't be opposed to it if we can gain assets from it. Vanek looked okay here and if we were to retain cap, Perry may have value to some team at the trade deadline as a brand name (see Rick Nash) and Cup winning experience.

outside of Bo and Boeser we don't have higher end offensive players. Lol.

Just now, N7Nucks said:

outside of Bo and Boeser we don't have higher end offensive players. Lol.

All the more reason to bring in a 50-60 point player that you can gain additional assets for. Plus veteran leadership with some grit that could complement a Dahlen/Pettersson/Leipsic/Baertschi/etc. Thinking about it further ahead, if we can gain a 1st or 2nd in a deal to bring him in and offload him for another 1st or 2nd or more after we retain some cap. It'll look pretty good. Perry at 4.5 million (less at the trade deadline) is much more attractive to a playoff team.

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Petterson

Tryamkin - if he returns

Juolevi

Demko

Those aren’t “big” contracts... those won’t even likely combine to average contracts.

$80 million / 23 players is about $3.5 million per.  If all four of those guys happened to earn extensions above that, we would have to consider ourselves blessed... and our expiring veterans contracts give more than enough leeway to do it even if we took on a couple of bad ones in the meantime.

Having said that, it would take a LOT of sweeteners to have us eat that horrible contract and Anaheim doesn’t have a lot to give.

15 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

All the more reason to bring in a 50-60 point player that you can gain additional assets for. Plus veteran leadership with some grit that could complement a Dahlen/Pettersson/Leipsic/Baertschi/etc. Thinking about it further ahead, if we can gain a 1st or 2nd in a deal to bring him in and offload him for another 1st or 2nd or more after we retain some cap. It'll look pretty good. Perry at 4.5 million (less at the trade deadline) is much more attractive to a playoff team.

If we are trading for Perry at 50% retained we aren't getting any picks for him. Cause it's not a particularly big cap dump. It's be like a 2nd rounder for Perry 50% retained. Given most people are against acquiring a 27 year old in O'Reilly or a 21 year old Hanifin with picks I imagine most would be very upset at trading pick(s) for a 33 year old 15 goal scorer.

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

If we are trading for Perry at 50% retained we aren't getting any picks for him. Cause it's not a particularly big cap dump. It's be like a 2nd rounder for Perry 50% retained. Given most people are against acquiring a 27 year old in O'Reilly or a 21 year old Hanifin with picks I imagine most would be very upset at trading pick(s) for a 33 year old 15 goal scorer.

I am suggesting we take all of the cap if we can get a 1st or more. But if/when we move him at the trade deadline, we retain 50% to make it enticing for a team to offer up a nice package for us. You can undersell him as a 15 goal scorer, but he has scored 15 or less twice (sub 20 4 times including those two years) and that was his rookie season (where he didn't play the full year) and a shortened season. Rick Nash has a less storied career and at 50% retained fetched a pretty big return at the deadline.

Archived