The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Ducks ask Corey Perry for a list of teams he’d be willing to be traded too

He's not going anywhere.

1. NMC (Tough sell to ask somebody to leave SoCal when they have the option of staying)

2. Giant Salary. His production does not match the contract, but he is still a good player. Teams are not gonna offer them anything worthwhile.

3. Would be creating a giant hole for them if they don't get a Top 6 RW back. Would be unwise to rely on Eaves coming back 100% right away.

I honestly think Perry's (and the Ducks) biggest problem is Carlyle. He hasn't scored 20+ goals since he took over and the team's underlying numbers have been nowhere close to what they were under Boudreau. I'm not sure why they brought him back because they had the perfect excuse to fire him after that San Jose debacle.

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Doesn't Vegas have a tonne of cap room now?  I think they'll be in the mix for any high profile UFA or trade bait.

Some interesting comments by CapFriendly with the upcoming expansion.  Clarkson is on IR - they could create up to an additional 5M if they use LTIR.  

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Some interesting comments by CapFriendly with the upcoming expansion.  Clarkson is on IR - they could create up to an additional 5M if they use LTIR.  

Glad they have further protection as they struggled a lot under the expansion rules in their first year.   Good to see they will not be punished further so that they can do better next season.

Having trouble cracking 20 goals the last couple years, 50 point player. Almost 9 mil for a 15ish goal scorer? Gonna have to give him a hard pass unless they wanna send us Montour as well. Not to mention I feel comfortable with our RW depth going forward. Pettersson, Boeser, Virtanen, Eriksson, Goldobin, Gagner (lets be honest he's not good enough for center). No game changers there but they are sufficient enough that grabbing a 33 year old 9 million dollar player isn't worth it. Hell, Virtanen could score 15-20 next year. A bit hopeful sure, but 14 goals from Virtanen at like 1.5 mil is better than 18 goals from a 9 million dollar Perry.

Archived