The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Ducks ask Corey Perry for a list of teams he’d be willing to be traded too

9 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Petterson

Tryamkin - if he returns

Juolevi

Demko

These other guys will have to prove there worth big money first like Bo and Boser deserve..

Petterssen 3yrs away

Juolevi 3 yrsaway

Demko 1 yr away so he will not be signing for big Dollars

9 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

That is comically bad. They aren't trading their best prospect for a worse player that only gives 2.7 more in cap hit savings.

Yeah.. After I thought about it for a while I realised it was bad. Wouldn't stop be from asking for it :P

Did a twitter poll on this subject! please feel free to vote if you have a twitter account.

:) I'm not sure if he's worth taking on.  Maybe if the return was huge but could he be a good role model for Pettersson and the kids? Having him on Pettersson's wing would be fun even if he is slowing down and less effective.  

Between Perry, eriksson and lucic and factor in all the variables (contract, age, foot speed, character, production etc..)

In terms of paying their entire salary 

id take Perry every day of the week. At least you notice him when he’s on the ice

10 hours ago, rekker said:

Need to factor the dreaded possible Luongo cap circumvention recapture penalty into any possible future deal. We need to leave some room under the cap. 

I'm sure there's an island with Luongo's name written on it off the coast of BC if need be. It would be outrageous if the league decides to enforce this when several teams have been finding loopholes out of these cap circumventions. I don't think Luongo hates the Canucks enough to want to punish us either and will try his best to play out his contract.

10 hours ago, rekker said:

Need to factor the dreaded possible Luongo cap circumvention recapture penalty into any possible future deal. We need to leave some room under the cap. 

He won’t “retire” out right

He’ll pull a hossa and be too injured to play at some point. Given his previous year of injury problems it won’t be too much longer before his body says no more 

34 minutes ago, billabong said:

He won’t “retire” out right

He’ll pull a hossa and be too injured to play at some point. Given his previous year of injury problems it won’t be too much longer before his body says no more 

Hossa did that because he had a  good relationship with the Blackhawks, why would Luongo do the Canucks any favors after the way he left?

1 hour ago, smokes said:

Hossa did that because he had a  good relationship with the Blackhawks, why would Luongo do the Canucks any favors after the way he left?

I'd say Luongo still has a good relationship with the Canucks. The way the situation played out was due to his bad contract and he knows it. Any ill feelings is probably with Torts for not playing him in the outdoor game. I think he enjoyed his time in Vancouver enough to not just screw the team over, but to not screw the fanbase as well. He would also still collect his salary on Luongo island which he wouldn't if he just retired. There might be a team interested in taking his cap hit to reach the cap floor and to only pay his 1 million dollar base salary in the last couple of years.

1 hour ago, smokes said:

Hossa seems to be too proud of a player to want to retire that way. 

Tom Reid does radio for the Wild and was also forced to retire early after he developed a skin condition.  He said that it came out of nowhere after he had been playing for 7-8 years.  He had to sleep on a wooden chair because his skin would just stay stuck on the sheets.  After he stopped playing it disappeared after two weeks.  He says several players were forced to retire early in his time.  

It might not be the same thing as Hossa but it's not unheard of.  There's been progress in medicine and material evolution - that has probably lessened the numbers but who knows if there are not other players who have to also take medication to be able to play. 

9 hours ago, mll said:

Hossa seems to be too proud of a player to want to retire that way. 

Tom Reid does radio for the Wild and was also forced to retire early after he developed a skin condition.  He said that it came out of nowhere after he had been playing for 7-8 years.  He had to sleep on a wooden chair because his skin would just stay stuck on the sheets.  After he stopped playing it disappeared after two weeks.  He says several players were forced to retire early in his time.  

It might not be the same thing as Hossa but it's not unheard of.  There's been progress in medicine and material evolution - that has probably lessened the numbers but who knows if there are not other players who have to also take medication to be able to play. 

Remember Guy LaPointe. He was getting skin rashes. They tried different materials and equipment to no avail. Canadians originally thought it was a negotiation ploy for a new contract. 

8.6 million cap hit for next 3 years and already well past his best before date.

I’d rather offer Tavares a 80 million, 7 year contract. Not that he’ll come here, but at least we’d get a few good years out of him!

Anaheim would have to offer their 1st this year, plus retain at least 2.5 million to make it even somewhat reasonable.

Their window has slammed shut until they do major rework, but it’s going to cost them to move that contract. Even a buyout will cause problems for them next year and 3rd year of a buyout because of how the contract is structured. His salary actually jumps from 6.5 million next year to 8 million in 2019/20, so even teams looking for a savings on salary to get them to the cap are going to have trouble swallowing that contract.

There’s always a way out for them, but not sure they will be willing to pay that price!

On 6/8/2018 at 11:25 AM, billabong said:

https://www.tsn.ca/erik-karlsson-tops-first-trade-bait-board-of-the-summer-1.1105047

its at the bottom 

I know it’s says “last season” but this rumour is gonna start to heat up now that’s its the off season 

any takers? He’s 33 and his contract is 8.6m for 3 more years 

I like the notion but i think he's too old for Vancouver. He's banged up. Still has some snarl but really slowed up.

Archived