The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Barry Trotz stepping down as Capitals head coach

1.5M is less than many others with less tenure and experience. Is saving money of the coach really necessary? The guy just lead your team to its first ever Cup Finals win and he makes the same as Super Coach Rick Tocchet?

8 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

av in montreal?

Been there. Done that.  They need to quit recycling French coaches and hire the best candidate. 

Of course that’s all academic.  Molson is too cheap to pay 3 coaches (therrien, Julien and a new coach). He’s also to cowardly to stand up to the French media and hire an English gm who would be willing to do what is necessary 

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wonder what Poile is thinking right now....

Poile is going to support Trotz whatever decision he takes. 

After they won the Cup, Poile wrote an open letter to Barry Trotz (it was also to Lane Lambert and Mitch Korn).  In that letter he wrote that he was beaming with pride and that it was like watching family members achieve their dream.  

6 minutes ago, mll said:

After they won the Cup, Poile wrote an open letter to Barry Trotz (it was also to Lane Lambert and Mitch Korn).  In that letter he wrote that he was beaming with pride and that it was like watching family members achieve their dream.  

Really? I had no idea. I'll have to read that.

6 minutes ago, mll said:

Poile is such a class act. By all accounts he is one of the best people in Hockey. 

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

Can?  I bet that was the plan all along.  He was promoted from assistant coach to associate coach, apparently without any consultation from Trotz at all.  The Caps had Reirden all lined up to take over when Trotz's contract ran out and then Trotz messed things up by coaching the team to a Stanley Cup win.

*will

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wonder what Poile is thinking right now....

He is probably happy for Trotz.  Poile still has a good team and a good coach - people forget how close Nashville came versus Jets and they probably matched up better against Vegas too...but all academic now.   Poile seems like an intense but very classy hockey man; doubt he habours anything but be wishes for Trotz and hoping he stays in Eastern Conference.   

Archived