The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I remember at the begging of the year when we were all looking at the mock draft we knew we needed and wanted a right handed defence man in this draft and a lot of us thought Woo would be a solid pick with our first selection. To get him with our second is a steal. If our prospects can become pros Benning has completely rebuilt the whole team. 

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser

Goldobin Horvat Lind 

Virtanen Gaudette Palmu 

Gadjovich Madden Jassek  

Hughes Tanev 

Juolevi  Woo

Tyramkin Stetcher 

Demko 

Di Pietro 

• Cheers 1

Saw this from someone who watches Moose Jaw games...

"One hopes Woo, who was held back a bit, if not quite a bit, by Hunter in Moose Jaw, is a lot better than people think. When he plays away from Hunter he plays a lot better, looks like a real competitor and his offence is better too. If Hunter lets him play and doesn’t sink him on the 3rd pairing for 1/2 the season….. After all, in the 1st twenty, when Moose Jaw’s defence was depleted, Woo played a lot, looked very good, and the Warriors were very good. Then late in the season, after his injuries and suspensions and trades, Hunter benched him in favour of Clague and Josh, because he prefers to play ‘veterans who know the right way to play’."

13 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

those morons on hfboards.com hating this pick because he had concussion issues.

"Oh I never had a concussion before" Jet Woo

morons on hfboards.com "he's lying"

unbelievable. 

I swear that some posters over there have mental health issues. Some of them have tens of thousands of posts, continually believe they actually know more about running a team then Benning, and crap on young men - our prospects (as if the posters never did anything sub par in their own lives). It really is a disgusting site. It is too bad as there is the occasional nugget of good info. The problem is, it is sprinkled in with dozens of whiny pathetic posts.

2 hours ago, westcoastsniper said:

Saw this from someone who watches Moose Jaw games...

"One hopes Woo, who was held back a bit, if not quite a bit, by Hunter in Moose Jaw, is a lot better than people think. When he plays away from Hunter he plays a lot better, looks like a real competitor and his offence is better too. If Hunter lets him play and doesn’t sink him on the 3rd pairing for 1/2 the season….. After all, in the 1st twenty, when Moose Jaw’s defence was depleted, Woo played a lot, looked very good, and the Warriors were very good. Then late in the season, after his injuries and suspensions and trades, Hunter benched him in favour of Clague and Josh, because he prefers to play ‘veterans who know the right way to play’."

Sounds like somebody we know.  

• Haha 1

Looking forward to watching his progress, hope he can bring a similar type of game Bieksa did. It is all up to the prospects to  determine how succuessful they will be now. Woo seems to have that drive to want to succeed though!

On 6/23/2018 at 9:32 AM, Shiftynifty said:

Seen a few posters talk about his concussion issues, but I haven’t found any info regarding it. Anyone have insights? I only see a shoulder injury.

Jett says in this video that he's never had a concussion. He seems really well spoken for a 17 year old. Better speaker than Quinn from what I've seen. Way better speaker than Boeser.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

I believe that's a pic of his old man in the Goon movie.

here is a clip of Larry Woo in that movie at 27 second mark.

he said Jett hasn't watched it, since it was rated R.  

it is full of cursing and obscene jokes, so don't click the clip unless you don't care. 

Edited by Jaimito

3 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Before I watched this interview with his parents, I thought that his mom was his girlfriend (since I know his girlfriend is a blond) and that his father was his older brother. 

young parents i suppose. 

his gf is probably the one wearing nux cap, the first one to hug him on this video:

22 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

here is a clip of Larry Woo in that movie at 27 second mark.

he said Jett hasn't watched it, since it was rated R.  

it is full of cursing and obscene jokes, so don't click the clip unless you don't care. 

video didnt work for me

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I remember at the begging of the year when we were all looking at the mock draft we knew we needed and wanted a right handed defence man in this draft and a lot of us thought Woo would be a solid pick with our first selection. To get him with our second is a steal. If our prospects can become pros Benning has completely rebuilt the whole team. 

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser

Goldobin Horvat Lind 

Virtanen Gaudette Palmu 

Gadjovich Madden Jassek  

Hughes Tanev 

Juolevi  Woo

Tyramkin Stetcher 

Demko 

Di Pietro 

Lockwood  should not be counted out here. Neither should Madden. Madden could very well be the next Hansen. 

Edited by cuporbust

1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Before I watched this interview with his parents, I thought that his mom was his girlfriend (since I know his girlfriend is a blond) and that his father was his older brother. 

Wishing some of our classy more respectful fans can drop some comments in the comments section of this video on YouTube.

• Wat 1