The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

7 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If Keeper, Burroughs, Juulsen, and Johanssen are in Abbotsford next year I wonder what his playing time looks like though. 

Imo Woo will get playing time, before Keeper, Burroughs and likely Juulsen,as he still has potential to be a player.  I'm also thinking Burroughs can make the big team as 7/8th d man.

Johanssen will get ice time based on his first round pick status, and his play has been steady, but not overly inspiring.

• Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, gurn said:

Imo Woo will get playing time, before Keeper, Burroughs and likely Juulsen,as he still has potential to be a player.  I'm also thinking Burroughs can make the big team as 7/8th d man.

Johanssen will get ice time based on his first round pick status, and his play has been steady, but not overly inspiring.

Burroughs could make the team as the 8th Dman but I think I would prefer Dekeyser due to his experience and size if he can still skate. Dekeyser was also 68th in the league last year for Dman short handed minutes per game, can help out the PK. 

Hughes

OEL

Myers

Rathbone

Schenn

Poolman

Dermott

Dekeyser or Burroughs 

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2022 at 12:14 PM, Attila Umbrus said:

Got my AHL live ready to go this season again. Will be watching him closely, hoping for a strong one from him.

I hope you continue to provide content here from your investment in time and money in the A.

(I think Woo should come into camp determined to show his physical prowess and lay a couple pretenders on their Marchands.)

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Burroughs could make the team as the 8th Dman but I think I would prefer Dekeyser due to his experience and size if he can still skate. Dekeyser was also 68th in the league last year for Dman short handed minutes per game, can help out the PK. 

Hughes

OEL

Myers

Rathbone

Schenn

Poolman

Dermott

Dekeyser or Burroughs 

Poolman and Buroughs were an excellent defensive pair until injuries separated them. Buroughs is gonna surprise.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Poolman and Buroughs were an excellent defensive pair until injuries separated them. Buroughs is gonna surprise.

I dont think Burroughs is a bad option for 8th Dman, I just like Dekeyser better for the role. More experience, much bigger, has PK'ed alot at the NHL level, leadership/locker room qualities. Reduced work load could do wonders for Dekeyser who was once a solid top 4 dman. Hopefully Woo had his best summer of training this year and takes a big step in Abbotsford.  

12 hours ago, gurn said:

I agree they want to develop Woo 21 years old, so he will get 18--21 mins depending on game..Top 4 pairing for sure..

10 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Keeper 6'2 RD - will also surprise people..Very aggressive defensive D man...

Juulsen 6'2 RD - Will also be prepared solid guy - had decent 8 NHL games last season..

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Muttley said:

Not so much; Though he looked good when really young.

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2015-16 Moose Jaw Warriors WHL 7 0 1 1 2 -3 5 0 1 1 0
2016-17 Moose Jaw Warriors WHL 65 5 17 22 37 12 7 0 3 3 4
2017-18 Moose Jaw Warriors WHL 44 9 16 25 33 29 14 2 1 3 6
2018-19 Moose Jaw Warriors WHL 62 12 54 66 70 16 4 0 1 1 4
2019-20 Calgary Hitmen WHL 64 7 39 46 88 6          
2020-21 Utica Comets AHL 28 3 2 5 18 7 -- -- -- -- --
2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks AHL 42 2 6 8 35 4 2 0 0 0 0

Maybe he can bounce back after 21/22, but there'll have to be a big improvement and commitment 

on his part. Trent Cull will be in Vancouver this year so he'll have a different voice to hear in Jeremy Colliton.

Woo just turned 21 years old and had injury issue last year.. Woo will have a bounce back season and play top for defence group saying 18--21 mins, start  developing.    Woo - 21, 6'0, 200lbs, RD

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Not sure why people are calling a 21 y.o a bust.  Dmen like him usually take longer to develop and from what Cull has said, he was playing well before injuries and only played him at forward to not mess with a winning lineup and playoff push after he returned forn those injuries.

We should be hoarding defense prospects and hoping a few hit, instead of running to the next shiny toy and throwing away time invested in a prospect.  Give the kids some patience, they are after all just kids.

So many people on this site are so negative can't imagine what there like in there daily life... Woo 21, RD had some injuries, with some good confidence and developed properly he still can be on the big club by 23.. 

This some man 6'0, 200lbs decent skater plays with grit and likes to stir things up.. I must of watched him 8 times in WHL always getting under skin of other team.. 

Hope he has a healthy season and gets confidence back..His first season was covid and most of last season minor injuries..

Okay just turned 21 he will be fine..

• Cheers 3

On 9/13/2022 at 12:54 PM, Goal:thecup said:

I hope you continue to provide content here from your investment in time and money in the A.

(I think Woo should come into camp determined to show his physical prowess and lay a couple pretenders on their Marchands.)

Cheers, I will do my best. Googlie is also a  good source for updates, I think he watches every game like I do. Between the both of us, plus others hopefully we get a decent picture of our prospects in the A. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 10:44 AM, gurn said:

If he gets to 24, he can enter the league at the same age as Bieksa.

Think the issue was that Bieksa was dominating and or playing a major role on the Moose in his rather short stay in the AHL.  Woo hasn't even been able to get into the lineup on a regular basis as a D in Abby.  Sure it's way too early to be writing him off but he clearly has to be able to show noticeable improvement at the AHL soon.  

41 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Think the issue was that Bieksa was dominating and or playing a major role on the Moose in his rather short stay in the AHL.  Woo hasn't even been able to get into the lineup on a regular basis as a D in Abby.  Sure it's way too early to be writing him off but he clearly has to be able to show noticeable improvement at the AHL soon.  

The thing that got Bieksa his shot, was his shot to the head of Federov.

Edited by gurn
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gurn said:

The thing that got Bieksa his shot, was his shot to the head of Federov.

Nope, you got the story wrong.  Fedor tried the fighting technique of banging his head against Juice's fist.:P

Didn't Kevin go the University route & as a result was a couple years older?

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1

• 3 weeks later...