The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I've been pullin' for this kid since we drafted him. I'm glad to see some positive comments lately in this thread. It would be cool to get this kid some time with the big club, but he's kinda' back there in the depth position for call ups though. And god forbid if he does get in to play, that means we've got injuries up the ying yang on D. Don't need that for sure!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

15 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Remember when you thought Boeser was a generational talent?  LOL

To be fair I was asking if he was a generational talent ::D::D::D Nice memory though.  That was quite a while ago.

• Cheers 1

After watching Jett play this weekend how far off is he from getting a call up to the big club.  He seems to have improved his skating and is playing with some good consistency.  I am thinking he may be close to getting a call up if we find ourselves in need of a Right Dman. B)

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, dpn1 said:

After watching Jett play this weekend how far off is he from getting a call up to the big club.  He seems to have improved his skating and is playing with some good consistency.  I am thinking he may be close to getting a call up if we find ourselves in need of a Right Dman. B)

I'm with you here, but I'm sure Juls would be the call up for a RD. And even though Boner and Wols are LD, I'm pretty sure they'd be called upon before Wooo.......aroooooo.

1 minute ago, Sativika said:

I'm with you here, but I'm sure Juls would be the call up for a RD. And even though Boner and Wols are LD, I'm pretty sure they'd be called upon before Wooo.......aroooooo.

We will need to make a decision on Woo this year though.  Doesn’t he start needing waivers next season, so we got to find out if he can play a role with the big club soon? 

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Jett Woo is only 22 years old. He's not far away from being an NHLer, with the way things have been progressing lately.

Hope we see him towards the end of the season, a 5-10 game stint would be nice. Same with Rathbone. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Hope we see him towards the end of the season, a 5-10 game stint would be nice. Same with Rathbone. 

He has begun turning his development around again and is gaining more confidence as he plays more minutes for Abbotsford. Helps that he has been primarily paired with Wolanin too.

Despite really having a strong 3rd AHL season, putting him into NHL minutes too quickly might hurt his development. He still needs to work on making better defensive reads especially with the puck, but its improving, but its not NHL calibre yet. Still needs time to refine them. Much like how the club destroyed DiPietro's, Gaudette's, and Virtanen's development by playing them when they weren't NHL ready, playing Woo too quickly could hurt his confidence that he has worked hard to regain. He needs a larger sample size before considering him getting a look in the NHL.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He has begun turning his development around again and is gaining more confidence as he plays more minutes for Abbotsford. Helps that he has been primarily paired with Wolanin too.

Despite really having a strong 3rd AHL season, putting him into NHL minutes too quickly might hurt his development. He still needs to work on making better defensive reads especially with the puck, but its improving, but its not NHL calibre yet. Still needs time to refine them. Much like how the club destroyed DiPietro's, Gaudette's, and Virtanen's development by playing them when they weren't NHL ready, playing Woo too quickly could hurt his confidence that he has worked hard to regain. He needs a larger sample size before considering him getting a look in the NHL.

It’s more about giving him a few games to show him what it takes to play at the NHL level. He gets to see what it takes to play at the NHL level and what he has to do to get better. 

6 minutes ago, Sativika said:

Looking' for this kid to be the next Juice.  I mean, Juice took a few years to get the call up with the big club. I believe Woo is on schedule in his eventual call up to the big club. 

Hope it happens. I'm routing for him to make it.

Isn’t next camp the key for woo?  He either makes the club or has to clear waivers.  I don’t think he’d clear.  So he’d be gone.  We should play him a 10 game chunk later this year to see where he’s at. 

7 minutes ago, Sativika said:

Looking' for this kid to be the next Juice.  I mean, Juice took a few years to get the call up with the big club. I believe Woo is on schedule in his eventual call up to the big club. 

Hope it happens. I'm routing for him to make it.

Right now I'd swap Woo and Wolanin for Myers and Dermott.

• Cheers 2