The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

14 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Was just looking at the boxscore for tonight's game and it says Tyler Madden got a 2-minute minor for 'other offenses' not watching the game could someone let me know what they consider 'other offences'?

Delay of game/Bench minor. He couldnt find the door and his linemate that changed had possession of the puck blah blah blah. It was one of those calls where I'm pretty sure Refs wanted to give the Kazak's an opportunity. He was literally at the bench.

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Delay of game/Bench minor. He couldnt find the door and his linemate that changed had possession of the puck blah blah blah. It was one of those calls where I'm pretty sure Refs wanted to give the Kazak's an opportunity. He was literally at the bench.

Thanks Odd. and glad to hear he's looking good out there...

4 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Thanks Odd. and glad to hear he's looking good out there...

It was one of the two weird penalties that probably aren’t called in the NHL. The other was one on Robertson for globing the puck (for a second too long).

Just now, Treenanay said:

Unfortunately US did not win the game, but great defensive play by Madden

Thanks for posting that, i was just typing a post saying "i hope someone can post a gif of that defensive play Madden made in OT"...lol. 

• Cheers 1

He's gotten better and shown something else every game so far.  His ability to come away with  pucks and create steals/turnovers reminds me a bit of Pettersson .   Just so smart on both sides of the puck. I think there's a good reason he led all US forwards in ice time today and his stats don't really show how valuable he's been for them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1