The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Artyom Manukyan | RW

thejazz97

Manukyans team Ormsk lost their playoff game 5-2 . Arty with a few shifts looked dangerous using his speed, was involved in a goal that was called back (BS call that one)

Arty with one glorious chance centre crease! He looked like he tweaked his shoulder trying to hit along the boards. CSKA really takes note of him when he's out there and Arty drew a late penalty in the 3rd for Ormsk second goal. Grigorenko with the hatty for CSKA.

15 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

The Canucks are not a heavy team by any stretch. If you look at the Jets or the Sharks you will find heavy teams with highly skilled players in their midst. As good as Tampa was in the regular season; they are not faring very well so far and they are a lighter but highly skilled team.

Good examples and I would add Columbus. Canucks are not close to being big enough IMHO. Watching some playoffs for the first time in years and it simply re-enforces

my 2 season mantra. Regular season and CUP play. Different games all together. Both Benning and Green talk about building towards a serious CUP contender which has to be the prime directive.   

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Artem Manukyan has signed 1-year contract extension with his KHL club Avangard, new contract expires on Apr 30,2021. This is still mystery for me why Jim Benning has drafted this guy...

It's only a 1 year deal. Manukyan can get better and come in when he's ready, either in the ahl or nhl.

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Artem Manukyan has signed 1-year contract extension with his KHL club Avangard, new contract expires on Apr 30,2021. This is still mystery for me why Jim Benning has drafted this guy...

Theres some small insight into the Manukyan pick here.

Sounds like they really liked him at world juniors.

I’m sure they realize that it was a long shot pick but I’m okay doing that in the 6th.Its better than picking a guy like Pettit who even if he had reached his absolute ceiling was looking like a 4th line shutdown center.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dazzle said:

It's only a 1 year deal. Manukyan can get better and come in when he's ready, either in the ahl or nhl.

Plus we have “indefinite” rights on him. If he ever pans out, we can sign him to a deal. AFAIK, he would need to sign a deal with a team in a transfer agreement league for our rights to eventually expire and for him to become a free agent. So long as he’s in Russia, we own his draft rights basically forever.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Took a home run swing with a late pick. He has a lot of potential, but is small. But if he ever breaks through, then the below benefits us as we will have first dibs on him at the NHL level if he ever makes it.

4 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Plus we have “indefinite” rights on him. If he ever pans out, we can sign him to a deal. AFAIK, he would need to sign a deal with a team in a transfer agreement league for our rights to eventually expire and for him to become a free agent. So long as he’s in Russia, we own his draft rights basically forever.

10 hours ago, Dazzle said:

The problem is that Artem has never indicated any interest to play in the NHL, either before or after the draft. I do not recall any interview with him where Manukyan talks about the NHL.

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

The problem is that Artem has never indicated any interest to play in the NHL, either before or after the draft. I do not recall any interview with him where Manukyan talks about the NHL.

Oh dear. :(

I wonder if the Canucks ever reached out to him at any point in time.

He is a looong ways from ever being an NHLer. Doubt he’s even thinking about that right now.

Well then, you don’t seem to recall it so it must never have happened. :picard:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

he's got fire in his belly. I like the way he plays I'm rooting for him. 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Well then, you don’t seem to recall it so it must never have happened. :picard:

If there’s anyone on here who has info of what’s going on in the KHL it’s him.

He’s been very good at bringing us info on Podkolzin and Tryamkin. Let’s be nice to him now.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1