The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What ufa's should we go after?

smithers joe

14 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

de haan and beagle would be my choices.

I would go after beagle if we traded sutter. Which probably wont happen. 

Other than that, i would go after Roussel. For a 4th line winger, that creates havoc. Then i would focus on trades, acquiring a center thats fallen out of favour with his team, thats not on a long contract. I think Hughes might be on the big club this year. 

Edler - Gudbranson

Hughes - Tanev 

Del Zotto - Stecher 

Pouliot, Hutton, Juolevi, Biega, Sautner, Chatfield. 

Something has to be done. Thats too many left side dmen. 

21 minutes ago, billabong said:

I’d like to see a little bit off of turnover on the blueline

edler-gudbranson

del zotto-stecher

hutton-tanev

pouliot-biega

same blueline, same lame results. No reason for optimism until proven otherwise, they are what they are.

and some size! 

Maroon 2yrs/4m? He ain’t quick but at 2m on the 3rd/4th line at least adds some muscle

Beagle 3yrs/7.5m? He’ll be looking to cash in on his big play for the caps. Comparable to malhotras deal with the canucks once upon a time.

Reaves 3yrs/7.5m? Same with beagle. He’ll be cashing in. Comparable to Dorsetts contract. Different style of player, but similar role. 

Komarov 3yrs/10m? The kinda guy you win with. Hits like a truck and has push back in his game. Something we lack.

Term is key to any UFA deals. Money isn’t an issue, we have lots to go around. Just gotta keep the term down. 

Pick whoever on the list and double the money and term with lots of signing bonuses, that aught to do it.

7 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

we have to at least make an offer on Reaves or Roussel etc for the kids. 

I don't want Guddy out for long periods of time from a wrist or hand injury again... 

I would like to have them both, for kid protection... you don’t need an idiot like Tkatchuk or Wilson or Lucic out there running Hughes, Boeser and Pettersson. 

If contracts get stupid and trades for a center are too heavy on price. We all know this year is still a transition year. Just stick with: 

Horvat 

Gagner 

Sutter 

Gaudette

If we surprisingly do well, it will be because of obvious increases in production from the Boesers and Horvats, but i think a lot would lie on Pettersson and Gaudette's progress as center options. Not to mention increase in production from the back end. 

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I would like to have them both, for kid protection... you don’t need an idiot like Tkatchuk or Wilson or Lucic out there running Hughes, Boeser and Pettersson. 

both would be great

Dahlen - O'Reilly - Pettersson

Eriksson - Horvat - Boeser

Granlund - Sutter - Roussel

Reaves - Gaudette - Virtanen

Edler - Hughes

Juolevi - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Demko

Nilsson

Beartschi + Goldobin + Stecher + Markstrom for ROR :emot-parrot:

I can live with that :P 

20 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I would go after beagle if we traded sutter. Which probably wont happen. 

Other than that, i would go after Roussel. For a 4th line winger, that creates havoc. Then i would focus on trades, acquiring a center thats fallen out of favour with his team, thats not on a long contract. I think Hughes might be on the big club this year. 

Edler - Gudbranson

Hughes - Tanev 

Del Zotto - Stecher 

Pouliot, Hutton, Juolevi, Biega, Sautner, Chatfield. 

Something has to be done. Thats too many left side dmen. 

Edler - Gudbranson

Hughes - Tanev 

Hutton/Del Zotto - Stecher 

Juolevi-Pouliot/Biega

Del Zotto is the one that get shopped the hardest imo, and Biega might start in Utica. 

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Players with size, zero fear, and an insatiable need to protect the young skilled players by hurting the opposition whenever the opportunity presents itself. 

yes. yes yes yes lol

45 minutes ago, Pears said:

Nash and Thornton on cheap deals if they’re willing to come here? I would keep Thornton for the year so Pettersson can learn from him but we could more than likely flip Nash to a contender for a nice haul. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4503901

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Edler - Gudbranson

Hughes - Tanev 

Hutton/Del Zotto - Stecher 

Juolevi-Pouliot/Biega

Del Zotto is the one that get shopped the hardest imo, and Biega might start in Utica. 

Im hoping Hutton can regain his confidence, because i still think he has flashes of being a good dman. He can be very good in the neutral zone, can hold the line very well, for the most part makes decent pinches. He needs to develop a shot and make better reads in the defensive zone. 

Pouliot has flashes as well. One of these guys have to break through, if they want to be canucks. 

I'd start EP on the wing so we need to fill that top 6 line C spot. Obviously the dream would be Tavares but that seems unlikely so maybe Statsny or Bozak? Worst case scenario we play Sutter at 2L C. Play EP with Eriksson and Sutter - two defensively responsible vets that will help him transition to the NHL level. 

Hopefully, we don't spend too much and retain cap flexibility to go big name hunting next summer, also need to save some money to lock up Boeser long term on what will be a sizeable contract. But with Edler and MDZ on expiring deals (conveniently totaling 8 million) I'm not too worried about that aspect

Go young, we have added vet after vet to shield the young guys and barely had room for young guys.  I think we need to clear out some of the guys we have and let Hughes and OJ try to make the team. 

Much as I liked Vanek last year, would rather see one of the young wingers take his place.  With the addition of Motte and Leipsic at the end of the year, we really don't need to add any more wingers.

I would like to see Richardson on a one year deal, great guy, good on faceoffs, he can take hard minutes along with Sutter to shield the younger guys.  Other than that, we may already have too many guys.  Lots of depth, lacking quality at the NHL level.

We have a goon already in Guddy.  Put him with Hughes, he can protect, clear the crease and always, always, always feed the puck to Hughes.

Archived