The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

12 hours ago, Isam said:

Pretty good list, but turcotte is probably gonna go top five with the way how he is playing of late and zegras is probably in the top ten. 

I would need to see more games this year from Turcotte to squeak into the top 5 for me, Dach and Cozens are having great years and have a rare blend of size, speed, and skill. I dont see those two being around too long come draft day.  

11 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

I was looking up some mock drafts and they have all pretty much got Brett Leason going in the 23-30 range. 

You gotta think he get's picked before that.. 

I don’t know but his draft position is going to be a hot topic come draft day! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

I was looking up some mock drafts and they have all pretty much got Brett Leason going in the 23-30 range. 

You gotta think he get's picked before that.. 

It’s tough to gauge where he might go because you have to be mindful that he’s one of the more physically developed guys in the league at 6’4” 200 lbs. Being two years passed his first year of draft eligibility he’s only a couple months away from being 20 years old playing in a league where the age ranges from 16-20. However it only takes one team to believe in your potential.

I feel like 23 or later you won’t find a safer pick in getting at least an NHL player. What Leason has done this year and with his size is a safe bet for a bottom 6. If he can keep developing offensively you might get more than that. I really like Leason because lots of his points you can see skill in the plays and not just physical maturity over opponents. 

Like the rankings you said I would definitely take him there if we got another pick via trade but if we’re talking earlier I’d rather go more boom bust on a pick but I could definitely see a team reach and take him higher than 23. That’s why the draft is so much fun!

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 12:02 AM, Me_ said:

I have a feeling we’re going to see a horror story at the Vancouver hosted draft.

And the Edmonton Oilers draft Jack Hughes.

McDAVID

HUGHES

At this point I'm not even that worried about Edmonton any more. No matter how many high end players they end up with, they always $&!# the bed.

The more likely scenario is actually the one that scares me most. That Colorado ends up with him.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

At this point I'm not even that worried about Edmonton any more. No matter how many high end players they end up with, they always $&!# the bed.

The more likely scenario is actually the one that scares me most. That Colorado ends up with him.

While it would be absolutely disgusting if Edmonton got Jack, I agree it would be way worse if Colorado got him.  

They are already so stacked for young offensive stars, adding Jack would make them monsters in a couple years.  

MacKinnen is only 23 years old.  23. 

The guy plays like he is a 30 year old superstar in his prime.  He is only going to get better.  

Makar will be showing up soon too.  

We would never have a chance to make it out of the west in the playoffs.  

That 1st round pick from Ottawa won the trade for the Avs alone.  

Edited by drummerboy
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

While it would be absolutely disgusting if Edmonton got Jack, I agree it would be way worse if Colorado got him.  

They are already so stacked for young offensive stars, adding Jack would make them monsters in a couple years.  

MacKinnen is only 23 years old.  23. 

The guy plays like he is a 30 year old superstar in his prime.  He is only going to get better.  

Makar will be showing up soon too.  

We would never have a chance to make it out of the west in the playoffs.  

That 1st round pick from Ottawa won the trade for the Avs alone.  

If Colorado doesn't land a top 2 pick I see them going for Byram. They would be absolutely nasty ...

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, cyoung said:

If Colorado doesn't land a top 2 pick I see them going for Byram. They would be absolutely nasty ...

Landeskog - Mackinnon - Rantanen 

Byram.       -       Makar

Johnson

That is freaking scary. I think they will be VERY active in free agency this year. They just have to worry about signing Rantanen long term. They have Mack signed to a steal of a deal, along with Landeskog at a steal. They can trade Barrie for a nice return in the offseason. Have Makar come in. It would be crazy if Duchene ended up going back there lol