The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

If podkolzin is there are 6, and JB has done his due diligence,  I'd take him in a heartbeat.  Unless Byram is there, then I'd go with him.

No thanks to the russian for me. Too many examples of russian players not working out in the NHL.    

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Sportsnet now has Kakko at #1, rightfully so imo.

Take cosentineau's rankings with a grain of salt stawns. He has been known to exaggerate. As for kakko at number one,  i still dont think he has done enough. We got to wait how the playoffs play out in liiga before we crown him at number one.

9 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

No thanks to the russian for me. Too many examples of russian players not working out in the NHL.    

Depends on where we are in the draft. If we are at 7 or 8 then we have to take him because he is bpa. Boldy be damned.

Interesting that there's been no discussion about these two. Heiskanen really boosted his stock at the U18's, so we'll see how they do there. The numbers suggest that they'd be locks for the top-10 and be in the conversation in the top-5. 

Kukkonen is a January birthday and Heinola is a March birthday, so they're right in the middle of the draft in terms of age. Both are left handed shots. Kukkonen is a bit more solid at 5'11 and 190lbs as opposed to Heinola, who measures in at 5'11 and about 175lbs.

Kukkonen's games played is pretty impressive for an 18 year old in a Men's league, let alone the point totals on top of that. Interesting that Heinola was chosen for the WJC though, where he looked pretty good until his injury. 

Obviously it would be nice to win the lottery but I see a lot of good picks in this years top 10. Outside of Kakko and Hughes my picks would be either Turcotte or Byram. Although we need defence we equally need another elite top 6 forward so BPA it is. There is always this scenario too? Say we lose the lottery it might actually be worth trading down? Depending how far the Canucks would be willing to drop you could probably get 3 solid prospects back and quantity for this team would actually help. 

7 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

We’re taking Broberg

Seems like that would be a bit of a reach with our pick . 

I agree with other posters; Turcotte or Boldy seem like good Benning picks 

edit; I think if there was ever a year to win the lottery it would be this season 

There’s too many narratives, 

Edited by Off_The_Schneid!

2 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Seems like that would be a bit of a reach with our pick . 

I agree with other posters; Turcotte or Boldy seem like good Benning picks 

How about we win the draft lotto and draft Jack Hughes?  How much would it increase our team's revenues to have the two brothers, and Petey?  If we don't get Jack, then I'm hoping for that Byram kid from the Giants.  We need guys who can change the game with the puck on their stick.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

We’re taking Broberg

Hope not, unless he drops to #35 lol Well, I've read he's a big, powerful skater, but not very good with the puck. I'm not big on Soderstrom either. Sounds like he's similar to Juolevi, but not as high a hockey IQ. Only D I hope VAN gets in the first round is Byram.

Hughes

Kakko

Cozens

Byram

Newhook (he might not be getting the respect because he plays in the BCHL? I think Newhook is going to turn out to be a fantastic offensive force)

Boldy

ryan biech has turcotte 3rd, cozens 4th and byram 5th. i could see if we end up with 8th pick, us getting soderstrom. they were talking about harley moving up the rankings into the top 10. they say turcotte could be a number 1 centre and that cozens could jump straight into the nhl. he could make bo’s line go. they said byram is a couple years away and that woo is too. to me, the top 5 look pretty set. 6,7,8,9 could be anybodies guess.