The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 Utica Comets Thread

9 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I was just reading a post from today in CA by Cory Hergott. Hamilton is also listed as injured and a no go for a couple of games so I am thinking Macmaster slots to Center and Carter Banks slots in as one of the wingers on the line.  

Carter Bancks after being named the team captain will be in the line up almost every game.  The players on your original list that I don't see as regulars in the line up are Woods and Darcy.  If Gaudette can't go then Darcy may slot in because the lack of centers (again).

Including Tanner MacMaster who is on an AHL contract the Comets have 8 rookies on their opening night roster.  Expect to see some growing pains early on.  The good news is that Juolevi, Palmu, Jasek and Dahlen all played against men in European professional leagues last year and Gaudette played against older competition in the NCAA so they should adjust quicker than most rookies out of juniors do. 

19 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Including Tanner MacMaster who is on an AHL contract the Comets have 8 rookies on their opening night roster.  Expect to see some growing pains early on.  The good news is that Juolevi, Palmu, Jasek and Dahlen all played against men in European professional leagues last year and Gaudette played against older competition in the NCAA so they should adjust quicker than most rookies out of juniors do. 

Another Comets seasons is about to begin. Utica I always read your posts with interest and value your assessment of the talent. I see the Canuck season as another development year. Part of that process will, I hope, include a rotation of prospects from Utica to Van and RETURN. Many Canuck fans are putting unrealistic expectations on many prospects. 2 - 3 seasons in Utica for many is not out of the question. When the Comets become one of the best AHL teams we will know that our prospect pool is evolving. Vancouver's cupboard was virtually empty 5 years ago. It has taken this long to stock Utica with a semblance of talent. IMHO that process is not close to being done. 

• Upvote 1

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that its brand-new streaming platform, AHLTV, will officially launch with a free weekend of AHL games to begin the 2018-19 season.

All 27 games on the league schedule from Oct. 5-8 will be free on AHLTV to anyone with an AHLTV account. No subscription or purchase is necessary to open an AHLTV account; visit theahl.com/AHLTV to sign up.

[...]

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1