The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

goals,goals...from who?

goog16

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Those are actual projections?

Utterly ridiculous.  Yeah sure thing Virtanen will get 20 and Eriksson will get almost 30.

they were 'guarantees'...

not sure if this guy is the world's biggest homer or if it's sarcasm.. 

would be fun to watch tho.. dare to dream

18 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Those are actual projections?

Utterly ridiculous.  Yeah sure thing Virtanen will get 20 and Eriksson will get almost 30.

Yeah it is a very hopeful, unrealistic article. But some, definitely not all, of the projections can happen. People sleep on Jake and Eriksson and they could very well be in the 20s this season. 

Boeser and Baer are the only top 6 I see meeting this guys expectation (if this is not a joke) I love the optimism. I’m super excited for pettersson but don’t let the growing pains over the next 2 years discourage you of what we got here the 41 May very well be a practical number in the forcoming future I for one am excited! A couple 40 goal scorers and demko playing lights out in front of our young d I smell playoffs not to far away 

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Yeah it is a very hopeful, unrealistic article. But some, definitely not all, of the projections can happen. People sleep on Jake and Eriksson and they could very well be in the 20s this season. 

It's not really a serious article it's intended to be a joke haha

what this is not serious??

and i just bet on all these guaranteed outcomes

the odds were pretty spectacular and i'm gonna win a bundle when they all come true

will even be able to afford to buy a house in vancouver at seasons end

can hardly wait

i'll be creating a real life cdc lounge

fully equipped with wireless feeds

and a dozen large screen tvs

so that many nhl games can be viewed at the same time

good times are coming :P

So everyone suddenly have career years. All magically in the same upcoming season....

Our 1st line goes from unnoticeable to suddenly one of the best lines in the NHL.... 

And the lowest projection,  we score more goals than any NHL team did last season (blogger doesn't even waste the effort to google)

nice blog. 

For anyone thinking that this is a serious article, just wow ! Secondly, it's a poke at the fans of Vancouver, not the team ( ie....'us' ) SBNation is a NY outfit that has only a passing interest in hockey ( opinion, no proof ). My guess is that they subcontract all hockey pieces to the experts, the Toronto media ! ( /s ). This piece is probably written by some man bunned, skinny jeaned Younge St wanker who is probably snickering thinking that the rubes west of the Rockies will not comprehend his Torontoesque brilliance !

PS.......even in his sarcasm, he gets BB's total correct.

I am a big fan of Benning’s plan but 270 – 356 goals is even a little high for me…if the Canucks can somehow score 255 goals next year, that would be amazing. Young players need to keep developing but the below scoring breakdown is not unrealistic (provided players have seasons the are capable of having).

Forwards:                                                     D-men:

Bo = 22;                                                       Edler = 9; 

Boeser = 32;                                                Stecher = 7  

Pettersson = 23;                                          Tanev = 4; 

Baer = 21;                                                   Hutton = 4;   

Sutter = 15;                                                 MDZ = 5;

Eriksson = 19;                                             Guddy = 3; 

Granlund = 15;                                            Pouliot = 7;

Virtanen = 15;                                              Biega = 2

Goldy = 14;                                                  

Leipsic = 12;

Gagner = 5;

Roussel = 10;

Schaller = 8;

Beagle = 3;

When Marcus and the WCE retired everyone in the media asked "where will the goals come from?"

Certainly not from the Sedins.

Now that Daniel and Henrik have moved on someone else will provide the offense.

Will they score as much as Tampa Bay, maybe not but maybe the goal differential will be much better this year. Score 50 more than last year but don't give up 50.

Its going to be fun to watch, the speed game will be there and if we finish in the bottom 5 again next year so be it. We draft another possible star to add to the mix.

I am guessing the writer started the day with some Alaskan Thunder Crack, followed by some Strawberry Jerry, then finished the day off with some God's Cheese.

Boeser 44

Horvat 28

Baertschi 22

Pettersson 28

Virtanen 21

Eriksson 21:o

I could see these guys topping 20 goals.  Yup even LE, I think he finally gets it going with Vancouver this year.

Archived