The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

World Junior Summer Showdown

Ajax-

3 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

How can the clock start when the puck hasn't even been dropped yet ?

Is this NHL officiating ?

I guess the USA forfeited their 1.6 second chance by stirring $&!# up and causing a scrum. Quinn Hughes was the second guy into the action lol.

I love his tenacity. I heard McIsaac during the scrum no woo mentions tho.

21 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I think most of us are doing same....

Every time Q is on ice everything goes thru him. He easily gets across 2 lines, sometimes 3 lines. There is no comparable to him in the NHL right now. 

Most exciting and electrifying player on the ice every time he plays. 

I agree but it is weird how nonchalant he looks the entire time.  I wonder what he would do at full intensity.  Ridiculous control of the puck!

7 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

I agree but it is weird how nonchalant he looks the entire time.  I wonder what he would do at full intensity.  Ridiculous control of the puck!

Yes I notice how calm and "nonchalant" he looks. 

I think it comes from Q being so confident. He's so confident its borderline cocky. Maybe not even borderline....lol he is cocky.

He knows what he can do in the O zone, for his game to be successful in the NHL he needs to develop his defense. Be a bit more intense when he doesn't have the puck. Be more engaged without the puck. It's almost like he gets bored out there because he's that much better than everyone else on the ice.  

Its funny he looks like he's disengaged sometimes but he constantly has the puck and everything goes thru him. Once he gets stronger and adds a bit of urgency to his game in the D zone he'll be great on both sides of the ice. 

6 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

quinn says he shoots more from the right side. maybe he teams up with juolevi going forward. that might be fun to watch.

maybe in a few years. But not as young players. Q needs a veteran defensive minded guy to cover for him as he develops, so will OJ.

I'd try Tanev and Gudbranson with him. See which one works better. He'd be third pair for the first year and obviously have him on the first unit PP. So it's likely EG will be paired with him. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

maybe in a few years. But not as young players. Q needs a veteran defensive minded guy to cover for him as he develops, so will OJ.

I'd try Tanev and Gudbranson with him. See which one works better. He'd be third pair for the first year and obviously have him on the first unit PP. So it's likely EG will be paired with him. 

Anyone who plays with QH, had better get ready for anything.....he's thinking the game at warp speed. The kid sure can use his edges, his skating is off the charts.

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

One would think highly touted Cody Glass would be dominating every time out. Only time I noticed him was when the period was over and he was leaving the bench and the camera was on him. 

Glass has looked awful the whole showcase.

12 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Yes I notice how calm and "nonchalant" he looks. 

I think it comes from Q being so confident. He's so confident its borderline cocky. Maybe not even borderline....lol he is cocky.

He knows what he can do in the O zone, for his game to be successful in the NHL he needs to develop his defense. Be a bit more intense when he doesn't have the puck. Be more engaged without the puck. It's almost like he gets bored out there because he's that much better than everyone else on the ice.  

Its funny he looks like he's disengaged sometimes but he constantly has the puck and everything goes thru him. Once he gets stronger and adds a bit of urgency to his game in the D zone he'll be great on both sides of the ice. 

he's definitely cocky, and I'm so glad. that sort of douchey swagger is the biggest ingredient this team has been missing since they traded mikael samuelsson, and then kesler checked out, and bieksa became irrelevant. 

gaudette, juolevi, pettersson, and dahlen all seem to have a little bit of that too, and it bodes very well if they can translate that confidence over to the nhl.

the mix of skillsets and personalities that benning has assembled is almost more impressive than the overall talent pool.

Archived