The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

World Junior Summer Showdown

Ajax-

9 minutes ago, tas said:

he's definitely cocky, and I'm so glad. that sort of douchey swagger is the biggest ingredient this team has been missing since they traded mikael samuelsson, and then kesler checked out, and bieksa became irrelevant. 

gaudette, juolevi, pettersson, and dahlen all seem to have a little bit of that too, and it bodes very well if they can translate that confidence over to the nhl.

the mix of skillsets and personalities that benning has assembled is almost more impressive than the overall talent pool.

Seriously, Im looking forward to a brash in your face type team again, Kesler and Bieksa had it in spades and its obviously apparent Hughes does too. Gaudette possibly as well

37 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

Seriously, Im looking forward to a brash in your face type team again, Kesler and Bieksa had it in spades and its obviously apparent Hughes does too. Gaudette possibly as well

ever since 2011 this team seems to have wanted more of the gentleman vibe in the locker room. It'll be a welcome change if the team plays a more in your face style, with on and off ice swagger to boot

33 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Canucks haven't had a goon in a while.   Perhaps getting an enforcer like Hughes was a good use of a first round pick.

Hughes’ truculence definitely takes some of the pressure off of Stecher. Troy only needs to be our toughest player for one more year, and then he can pass off those duties to Q.

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

Anyone who plays with QH, had better get ready for anything.....he's thinking the game at warp speed. The kid sure can use his edges, his skating is off the charts.

Somewhere Bo, Brock, and Elias are grinning. 

18 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Why?   Does he want to be the only top 4 dman on the team?

Juolevi should be sweating. Word is that Benning finally figured out the security system and has accessed the old lab that Gillis built under Rogers Arena.

B0567B6A-0468-4E7D-8544-3059EBD1ABE3.thumb.png.af29c1fa8a6fdea972f44e61cedeeec2.png

Jonathan Wall is currently busy flushing out the tanks and prepping the system for producing Q clones.

Future Canucks D:

Hughes-Hughes

Hughes-Hughes

Hughes-Hughes

(and an unlimited supply of Hughes spares)

8 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Juolevi should be sweating. Word is that Benning finally figured out the security system and has accessed the old lab that Gillis built under Rogers Arena.

B0567B6A-0468-4E7D-8544-3059EBD1ABE3.thumb.png.af29c1fa8a6fdea972f44e61cedeeec2.png

Jonathan Wall is currently busy flushing out the tanks and prepping the system for producing Q clones.

Future Canucks D:

Hughes-Hughes

Hughes-Hughes

Hughes-Hughes

(and an unlimited supply of Hughes spares)

Any chance of getting brother Hughes for all top 6 positions?

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Any chance of getting brother Hughes for all top 6 positions?

Well, we’ll need to draft Jack first.

The NHL takes the whole “exclusive rights” thing pretty seriously. Ethical norms and worldwide bans on human cloning, eh.. not so much. But you can definitely get into a lot of trouble from league offices for cloning another team’s draft property.

But if we land Jack, I think we still have some extra cloning tanks available. There are reportly a bunch left from the old Gillis experiments. Unfortunately, Jordan Subban was the top drafted D in that era. So they blew much of their budget cloning Subbs. Surprisingly, these clones never really worked out and most failed terribly. Something strange kept happening where the Subban clones always ended up out of position and getting caught on the wrong end of the cloning tank.

9 hours ago, Nooks said:

Glass has looked awful the whole showcase.

Totally hey! Several times throughout the game today I found myself breathing a sigh of relief that we took Pettersson lol. 

And even though there was no question that we were taking Hughes when we he was still on the board this year, I was so grateful that he fell to us and we didn’t end up drafting Wahlstrom like many of the mock drafts had us doing. Wahlstrom looked pretty average today and just like in the final minute of the U18 gold medal game, in the final minute of today's game Jack Hughes gifted him a cross ice pass and Wahlstrom failed to bury it in the open net. I know i’ve only seen a small sample size of him, but despite being a prolific goal scorer, he hasn’t shown to be very clutch when needed most.

I’m over the moon stoked with our picks these last two drafts. 

8 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Why?   Does he want to be the only top 4 dman on the team?

Obviously not. 

But when a kid drafted 2 years after you and 2 spots behind you had the option to make the team before you - the big picture might be a little harder to see. 

Archived