The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] I see Hutton as an Oiler. Trade scenerios?

31 minutes ago, Doogie said:

For pool party I would go:

Hutton + Lind + 2nd for Puljujarvi + 4th + 5th

For a right side of Boeser, Puljujarvi and Virtanen I would give up Lind

really? Lind projects to be as good as JP at this point - what advantage do you see with JP over Lind? Jesse has more size but we'll get a much better idea Lind's skill set this year in Utica. From the scouting info I've seen I wouldn't be quick to make that swap particularly with a 2nd involved. 

On 2018-08-17 at 10:40 AM, -AJ- said:

I see McDavid as an Canuck. Trade scenerios?

McDavid is 28 years old, has played seven of his eight-year contract with the Oilers. After ten years with the team, he sees the Oilers are still a bottom five team with no hope. The remote oil outpost that Edmonton is finally gets to him and he wants out yesterday. Gretzky texts but McDavid ghosts him. Oilers must trade McDavid with a year left on his contract, or face losing him for nothing.

Theres you trade scenario.

Their right wing depth is worse than our left wing depth. Pool Party is 20, 6'4, 210+ pounds and skates very well. Yeah, they botched the Hall, Eberle and the Griffin Reinhart trades but I really can't see them doing anything else that stupid. At least for the sake of the fans and McDavid I hope not.  

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Adam Larson is a pylon.  The Oilers made a very stupid trade giving up Hall, and only getting back Larson.  

As for Puliarvi, I don’t know if I want this guy.  He’s looking like a bustaroo.

Hate the friggin’ Oilers!  Hope they continue to suck dirty old stinky socks.  

Alf I watched Jesse in Penticton 2 years ago.  He is a beautiful skater, smooth, long powerful strides.  Skated circles around the other teams.  And he stick handles with the best of them.  He has a huge body.  He is just delayed in his development, I want to mostly blame it on the Coiler crapfarm, but its also his size.  He is a late bloomer, and would take him on the Canucks any day.  Huge, with speed and hands. Say hello to the Finnish Todd Bertuzzi.

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Adam Larson is a pylon.  The Oilers made a very stupid trade giving up Hall, and only getting back Larson.  

As for Puliarvi, I don’t know if I want this guy.  He’s looking like a bustaroo.

Hate the friggin’ Oilers!  Hope they continue to suck dirty old stinky socks.  

Okay, I know the homer glasses are SUPER thick with you, but lets look at this as if Edmonton actually has a say in this trade....

If Adam Larsson is a pylon, then Ben Hutton's MAXIMUM potential is about a quarter of a pylon.  And if Pullijarvi is a bust already, so is just about every one of the Canucks prospects in their opinion.

So as much as you may hate the Oilers, it doesn't hurt to put a little rationale or lack of bias into your statements/rebuttals. 

2 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Okay, I know the homer glasses are SUPER thick with you, but lets look at this as if Edmonton actually has a say in this trade....

If Adam Larsson is a pylon, then Ben Hutton's MAXIMUM potential is about a quarter of a pylon.  And if Pullijarvi is a bust already, so is just about every one of the Canucks prospects in their opinion.

So as much as you may hate the Oilers, it doesn't hurt to put a little rationale or lack of bias into your statements/rebuttals. 

Hutton skates way better than Larssen.  It’s not even close really.  We will keep Hutton, and the Oilers can keep their pylon and bustaroo.  

And I don’t hate the Oilers any more than I hate the other 29 teams, not named the Canucks.  

1 hour ago, skolozsy2 said:

i wish we could trade hutton for larsson lol

Huttons value is really hard to gauge cause he’s 25, has the size and skating ability to be a good puck mover but he hasn’t put it all together and I’m not sure he ever will

youd hate to give up on him but at the same time he’s hard to place him in your line up and what role he has 

Unfortunatley Hutton's name probably has to be googled for some GMs around the league.

I'm really hoping Ben's off season workout regime is as positive as some have said so he can get back to playing the hockey is capable of! Go Benny!

1 hour ago, 6string said:

Unfortunatley Hutton's name probably has to be googled for some GMs around the league.

I'm really hoping Ben's off season workout regime is as positive as some have said so he can get back to playing the hockey is capable of! Go Benny!

Here's a loop of Ben laughing all of the way to the bank.  Dude is a goofball.

5 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

i wish we could trade hutton for larsson lol

I would make this trade every day of the week! 

Edmonton wouldn't have any interest in Hutton.  They will either pick someone off FA who can log 15 hard minutes a night or throw a young gun into the mix.

As for the Hall trade, Larsson isn't comparable to Hall in anyway, they traded a scoring forward for a top 4 defensemen.  Sure they could of got more but I think all the GM's around the league know that Hall has "off ice issues" and that hurt his trade value.  It looks bad when Hall is an MVP and Larsson Oilers started their summer plans in December.  Nonetheless, moving forward for the oilers, I think most guys on that team would prefer to have Larsson in the locker room, because realistically Edmonton shouldn't be struggling for goals in the first place and defence if that that team needs more than anything right now.

16 hours ago, IBatch said:

Probably when the time is right.  It's not out of the question to trade within our division, Benning did it with ANA with Kesler but his hands were tied with that one,  plus Hansen to SJ and Beiksa but they were both minor deals (same with Hutton at this point) but generally speaking we don't trade much with EDM or CAL and it does make more sense to the East.  Maybe OTT because they are a mess and you never know what we could get.  At this point I'm hoping he rebounds, management seems to think he will...then flip him for more.

Baertschi?  Granlund/Shinkaruk?  Seems we trade within our own division more than elsewhere.

12 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Yes. He’s an idiot.  But there still needs to be the illusion of value.  Hutton is trending toward waiver wire territory.  They can fill their need for D just as effectively through free agency without giving up a promising prospect who is 2 years removed from being the 4th overall pick.  

Would anyone trade Hutton for Griffin Reinhart?

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Baertschi?  Granlund/Shinkaruk?  Seems we trade within our own division more than elsewhere.

Would anyone trade Hutton for Griffin Reinhart?

Historically our trades with EDM and CAL have been of the garden variety,  like a second and Shinkaruk.  Steve Staois.can't remember a significant trade to either club.  Hutton could go there sure but aren't now and have never been significant trading partners.

Archived