The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Senators trade Erik Karlsson, Francis Perron to Sharks for Chris Tierney, Dylan DeMelo, Josh Norris, Rudolfs Balcers, conditional 2020 1st-round pick, conditional 2019 2nd-round pick

21 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I agree with you, Rekker(to a point). I'd say it was in OTT's interest to get this done, so they can get on with other biz.

Gonna be a very young team, that wouldn't need further distractions as camp starts.

I'd LOVE to see them surprise everyone with a solid season..however unlikely that is.

Ya. I saw a post earlier where Colorado wins this trade. Sad but true. 

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Here's hoping he tests the market!

What happens if/when he re-signs though...? :unsure:

That's the thing. To me if I read between the lines EK wants to test the market and has a destination in mind this July, cough, Tampa. SJ is hoping to sell him on California and that magical extra year they can offer on the contract. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How do you know? Maybe a 1st, Tanev and Baer might have actually got it done. :lol:

Hey, it still could happen!  No clause in San Jose's deal that punishes them with another first to trade with a Western team.  But then Wilson is not Dorion, so he may not go for that deal.

Just imagine Sen's fans mood THEN, getting "Hoff'ed" again!

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How do you know? Maybe a 1st, Tanev and Baer might have actually got it done. :lol:

I'm sure we would have the pieces, but why would he sign in Vancouver long term?

We're rebuilding and will not be challenging for the next few years...

What could we possibly offer him that would make us more attractive, than cup runs, sunshine and lots of dollars?

I prefer we take the time it takes to get our prospect developed and once we know who'll be good enough (2-3 years), we start to supplement the team with the spare parts for a cup winning team.

But fair enough its just an opinion.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Holy if that trade is real, then Ottawa did horribly.

It also must mean that Karlsson really wasn’t willing to sign with most teams.  There would have been many offers that beat that.

Heck, that is worse than Baertschi, Juolevi and a couple of 2nds from us. (Our picks will be way higher than San Jose)

Absolutely. We could have crushed that package. Many other teams probably could have. Sounds like some serious filtering going on.

I said it all along that our first rounder would have been premium. Would have put us in the hunt. If word gets out that he would have played for Van and the pick, OJ and a Baetschi/Granlund/Sutter type player plus a prospect or two would have gotten it done, I'll be pissed.

I knew Dorion was in a tough spot but this trade stinks.

27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We'll see how Karlsson holds up going against the likes of LA, Vegas, Anaheim, Nashville, St.Louis, and Winnipeg.

The West is a grind with all the travel, not to mention the bigger/tougher opponents. Definitely not as much of a cake walk in the West as it would have been if he went to say Tampa.

Okay, a bit of a silver lining is that we can concede the Pacific to San Jose and then enjoy watching as they soften up and beat on LA and Anaheim for us. 

2 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Absolutely. We could have crushed that package. Many other teams probably could have. Sounds like some serious filtering going on.

I said it all along that our first rounder would have been premium. Would have put us in the hunt. If word gets out that he would have played for Van and the pick, OJ and a Baetschi/Granlund/Sutter type player plus a prospect or two would have gotten it done, I'll be pissed.

I knew Dorion was in a tough spot but this trade stinks.

Maybe Sid pushed him over the edge?

Archived