The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Senators trade Erik Karlsson, Francis Perron to Sharks for Chris Tierney, Dylan DeMelo, Josh Norris, Rudolfs Balcers, conditional 2020 1st-round pick, conditional 2019 2nd-round pick

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

So that release says a first is in the deal guaranteed. That's why I lean towards a good deal for the Sens. Yet many on here are saying no first is involved. Which is it?

There's a 1st guaranteed - either in 2019 or 2020.  From the Senators' press release: Ottawa receives San Jose's first-round choice in either 2019 or 2020 (not lottery protected); if the Sharks miss the playoff in 2018-19 it will be a 2019 selection, otherwise it will be in 2020.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

They get a 1st in 2020 with the possibility of receiving another 1st if either the Sharks make the finals this season, or Karlsson is traded to the East.

So basically it could potentially become two 1sts. Eaither way they're going to be late round 1sts though.

Make the finals AND Karlsson resigns with SJ.

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

I am scared to go look at how badly Ottawa fans are taking this.

On HFboards a couple weeks ago they were saying they would probably turn down Hughes, a 1st round pick, and Boeser.  They would have felt sick if Juolevi was a key part of the return.

No pieces of the actual return equal Juolevi.

Lol, bet they wish they had Juolevi now after seeing that return...

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'll take Stone for Goldobin and a 3rd. Seems to be the going rate in Ottawa.

Duchene for a 4th and I'll be generous and throw in Gaunce.

That's interesting, because it seems like OTT will take any prospect, just to accumulate prospects, regardless if they'll be NHLers. No need to try and waive Goldobin and Gaunce, just trade them to OTT for Stone.

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

I am scared to go look at how badly Ottawa fans are taking this.

On HFboards a couple weeks ago they were saying they would probably turn down Hughes, a 1st round pick, and Boeser.  They would have felt sick if Juolevi was a key part of the return.

No pieces of the actual return equal Juolevi.

Boeser > Karlsson 

::D

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They get a 1st in 2020 with the possibility of receiving another 1st if either the Sharks make the finals this season, or Karlsson is traded to the East.

So basically it could potentially become two 1sts. Eaither way they're going to be late round 1sts though.

It was always going to be a late first as it would be a contender vying for EK's services. I suppose I will I stay in the minority in that I think it's a good and fair return for on year of EK. 

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

It was always going to be a late first as it would be a contender vying for EK's services. I suppose I will I stay in the minority in that I think it's a good and fair return for on year of EK. 

Edmonton was probably interested. That being said I don't think Karlsson would go there.

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

Karlsson will sign regardless, California weather , solid team, couple

blocks away from the arena and he won’t be recognized his ideal scenario after the wreck in Ottawa.

I do think there is a distinct possibility he re-signs... but if it was a foregone conclusion it would have been part of the announced deal.

There is a good chance he comes to know the guys in the room and after being in the trenches with them decides to stay.

I spoke with some Anaheim players a few years ago and they loved playing there for exactly the reasons you stated.  Great fans and loud building, but also completely anonymous once they got two blocks from the arena.  That is rare, either you play in a place like Carolina where you are anonymous even when on the ice... or you play in Canada where your spouse can’t even go or without being recognized.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Edmonton was probably interested. That being said I don't think Karlsson would go there.

Karlsson didn't want to go to any Canadian teams. Canadians love hockey and he would be recognized here. I think he just wants to blend somewhere in Trumpland and collect his millions without people bothering him. Oh, and to try and win a Cup too.  

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

I agree with you, Rekker(to a point). I'd say it was in OTT's interest to get this done, so they can get on with other biz.

Gonna be a very young team, that wouldn't need further distractions as camp starts.

I'd LOVE to see them surprise everyone with a solid season..however unlikely that is.

1 minute ago, 6string said:

San Jose having dealt for two EK's in a very short time look to be in good shape to return to the finals since 2016.

Evander Kane and Erik Karlsson are ready made for playoff hockey,they elevate. Karlsson was a beast in 2016/17!

Who would have thought a couple of years back that San Jose would have both players on the roster.

Wilson. That's who.

Archived