The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Senators trade Erik Karlsson, Francis Perron to Sharks for Chris Tierney, Dylan DeMelo, Josh Norris, Rudolfs Balcers, conditional 2020 1st-round pick, conditional 2019 2nd-round pick

17 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Wow, this team of ours is going to look like real dog $&!# this season. 

I mean like we just need one more top 10 pick and this team will be set for the future. The timelines are perfect, by the time this team is in their prime, the Sharks, Kings and Ducks would passed theirs.

League/Bettman help Melnyk deal with Ottawa/politicians to get an arena done, downtown. Or help him offload team(for top $), if they can't.

In return, Sens help NHL pad US franchises. Just recently...

Florida, AVS, Nashville & SJ all got a nice boost, didn't they?

Big biz, back room bux have made this league a shambles.

9 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Absolutely. We could have crushed that package. Many other teams probably could have. Sounds like some serious filtering going on.

I said it all along that our first rounder would have been premium. Would have put us in the hunt. If word gets out that he would have played for Van and the pick, OJ and a Baetschi/Granlund/Sutter type player plus a prospect or two would have gotten it done, I'll be pissed.

I knew Dorion was in a tough spot but this trade stinks.

I see no point in giving up our first round lottery pick for a dman that doesnt fit our timeline of player development. 

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe Sid pushed him over the edge?

Wow Sid... guy is pumped.

If the Avs get Jack Hughes in the draft... I dunno. What a disaster in the waiting.

Didn't hear about the Golf game thing. Eugene might be losing it. Needed to step up but flailed. The Donald Trump of owners.The guy has no feel for the pulse.

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I see no point in giving up our first round lottery pick for a dman that doesnt fit our timeline of player development. 

He fits our timeline fine. When do you think we are going to start winning? Are you into waiting for 4 or 5 years like some of the crazy people around here are suggesting? Not me.

Our time is nearer than you may think. He has 5 -6 more good prime years to go. The only negative I could see was the term of the anticipated extension. But whoever would have signed him accepts the as well. No team is plans on what they are going to ok like in 8 years.

1 minute ago, bad alice french said:

He fits our timeline fine. When do you think we are going to start winning? Are you into waiting for 4 or 5 years like some of the crazy people around here are suggesting? Not me.

Our time is nearer than you may think. He has 5 -6 more good prime years to go. The only negative I could see was the term of the anticipated extension. But whoever would have signed him accepts the as well. No team is plans on what they are going to ok like in 8 years.

I figure three years from now we compete. I see Hughes developing into an EK type. I see EK as a quick fix that would backfire as the assets it would take to acquire him aren't worth the return as they would help our team more than an EK. I would rather have OJ, our first next year + + going forward. Even if its 4 years from now I think we are better off keeping these assets. Just differing thoughts on length of time for a quality rebuild.

10 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

If he'd *********** after a four goal game, imagine what he did when he found this out. 

At least Canucks slayer Chris Tierney is in a new conference. 

Dont blame him. SJ move into cup favs with this move imho. Take note TO. This is what a cup team looks like. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

We'll see how Karlsson holds up going against the likes of LA, Vegas, Anaheim, Nashville, St.Louis, and Winnipeg.

The West is a grind with all the travel, not to mention the bigger/tougher opponents. Definitely not as much of a cake walk in the West as it would have been if he went to say Tampa.

Really? Doesn't sound good for Canucks if Karlsson can't handle the WC. Hughes.........

I think with EK on that D with MEV and Burns SJS have the best top 3 D in the league. And with SJS playing style EK will definitely lead the league in D scoring. It's going to be fun watching him on that team. 

I'd put him on RD with MEV as LD and you have the best D pairing in the league. Lots of offense and fun hockey coming up for SJS fans. Carlson and Kempny in WSH are a great pair too but SJS will be must watch hockey this upcoming season. 

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Really? Doesn't sound good for Canucks if Karlsson can't handle the WC. Hughes.........

I think with EK on that D with MEV and Burns SJS have the best top 3 D in the league. And with SJS playing style EK will definitely lead the league in D scoring. It's going to be fun watching him on that team. 

I'd put him on RD with MEV as LD and you have the best D pairing in the league. Lots of offense and fun hockey coming up for SJS fans. Carlson and Kempny in WSH are a great pair too but SJS will be must watch hockey this upcoming season. 

It's different when you play most of your career in one conference. He's going to have to adapt.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

It's different when you play most of your career in one conference. He's going to have to adapt.

So it's going to be more difficult for the best Dman in the NHL and 2 time Norris winner to adapt to the Western Conference than a young kid who's never played an NHL game?

OK....

Archived