The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Oct. 16, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

Brock with the winner! Woohoo!

Virtanen, Hutton and Gudbranson....all goofed up on that 2-2 goal. Gudbranson made that 2 on 1 look like a 2 on 0...never took the shooter or passer. Would not mind seeing #44 traded, just a big pylon. 

Good (and lucky) win!

hit the post twice... and had several golden opportunities... they deserved their win.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Canucks currently sit 2nd in the Pacific Division just 1 point behind the Anahiem Ducks.

I'm already licking my chops over a potential Anaheim vs Vancouver series...

Kesler is at the top of his game too... the drama would be unreal.

I take Vancouver in 6 games for sure though.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

What a classy team of announcers the Penguins have.  So complimentary to our young guys.   Haven't heard our own guys refer to our team as "a young, fast and skilled team".   

Best reffed game I have seen in the NHL this year.  They let some stuff go both ways but let the game flow. 

Centermen really stepped it up in the third in the dot and prevented all those icings from being a bigger problem. 

Goldy seems to have really gained another level of understanding.  His defensive awareness and effort have really taken off.  ONce he gains more confidence, he will be a force. 

Gaudette showed well but obviously Greener isn't confident in his 200' game yet. 

NIlsson was lights out...again!!  Love his positioning, economy of movement and compete.  

BOeser...oh yeah!!!!!  He's back!!!

Nilsson earning himself another start vs Winnipeg. Go with the hot hand.

3 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

What a classy team of announcers the Penguins have.  So complimentary to our young guys.   Haven't heard our own guys refer to our team as "a young, fast and skilled team".   

Best reffed game I have seen in the NHL this year.  They let some stuff go both ways but let the game flow. 

Centermen really stepped it up in the third in the dot and prevented all those icings from being a bigger problem. 

Goldy seems to have really gained another level of understanding.  His defensive awareness and effort have really taken off.  ONce he gains more confidence, he will be a force. 

Gaudette showed well but obviously Greener isn't confident in his 200' game yet. 

NIlsson was lights out...again!!  Love his positioning, economy of movement and compete.  

I usually try and listen to the away streams always since I am streaming the games and its surprising how complimentry away commentators are towards the canucks from time to time.  Last game they were giving Tanev props for being one of the better defensive defenceman in the league.  

Just now, apollo said:

I'm already licking my chops over a potential Anaheim vs Vancouver series...

Kesler is at the top of his game too... the drama would be unreal.

I take Vancouver in 6 games for sure though.

Vancouver in 6. All day, every day. :gocan:

Hughes could be here for the playoffs too. Just gotta get dem 2 PT's! ::D

Just now, Russ said:

I usually try and listen to the away streams always since I am streaming the games and its surprising how complimentry away commentators are towards the canucks from time to time.  Last game they were giving Tanev props for being one of the better defensive defenceman in the league.  

I like John and John but otherwise, I think our Canadian coverage teams are less complimentary and respectful of the Nucks than most of the away announcers...Boston excluded where ignorance reigns supreme.

Just now, Down by the River said:

Corey Hirsch lives in the world of absolutes. I find him so annoying to listen to. It's always "they HAVE to score on this PP"... "they HAVE to kill this penalty"...

Might be his OCD. He's a good dude tho.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

I like John and John but otherwise, I think our Canadian coverage teams are less complimentary and respectful of the Nucks than most of the away announcers...Boston excluded where ignorance reigns supreme.

Yes Boston very much is the exception.  I do like Shorthouse a lot but sometimes I like to hear it from a different prespective and for the most part I am generally pleased with how good most commentators are.

8 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by that. They really put over the Canucks. 

Archived