The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weed

riffraff

1 hour ago, gurn said:

If you can pry them away from their X-box. 

The coming years are going to be very different. The whole "work for a living" system is changing as automation takes over, and there will be less actual jobs for everyone.

I am worried that governments seem oblivious to this change, or if they do know it's coming are keeping the solutions to themselves.

good one :lol:

I don't think you need an 'age law' specifically, just limit the amount of time you can work in any one gov't department and/or position to 25 years. That way at least kids get a fighting chance. 

On automation, yeah I fully expect gov't to be a decade or so behind. 

I think there are a couple of different schools (pun intended) of thought on this....

On one hand, the "xBox" comment is warranted. There are plenty of entitled kids who aen't much interested in working. That being said, there are more opportunities for young people now than there were when I was in high school.

8 years ago, I took the Electrical Foundations program at my local college, (where I now work) after being laid off from my construction job. There were students in that class taking the course through a high school program, that allowed them to take the course (paid for with school board funds) as an elective, with credits towards graduation and a foot in the door for an apprenticeship in the field. (There were also Plumbing, Carpentry, Welding and Culinary Arts electives available for qualifying students)

I know I would have killed for such an opportunity back in 1979, but such programs didn't exist back in those days.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Just saw on the news regarding Saanich B.C. there was a police check going on and a driver was fined $230 I believe they said because their passenger was smoking a joint in the car and they thought that was okay :lol:, as the news called it "hot box" haha

I think that many weed smoking stoners are not going to be as happy as they think about some of the changes.

Before if some stoner was caught smoking weed the cop would just take their bit of weed, destroy it, and wave a finger at them. 

Now that same cop can give them a $230 ticket. I love it. 

And if any scrub smokes that stink anywhere near me I will slap them upside their stoned out head. ::D

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

I think that many weed smoking stoners are not going to be as happy as they think about some of the changes.

Before if some stoner was caught smoking weed the cop would just take their bit of weed, destroy it, and wave a finger at them. 

And if any scrub smokes that stink anywhere near me I will slap them upside their stoned out head. ::D

It's because they're doing it in a moving vehicle, it's the same as having open alcohol in the car it's not allowed. Now where the conflict of interest will happen is when it's in public and walking around, you're not allowed to be drinking in walking down the street or at a park but you're allowed to drink in the place you're living. But smoking weed will it be the same? But if you live in an apartment your not allowed to smoke on the property but are allowed to drink, so that person is now going to have to walk outside their building and smoke outside on the sidewalk, but is that illegal now.... 

37 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

haha stoners are hosers, right?

WOW,apparently pot is legal but you can get it any more legally except in Kamloops.You have got to be s@#$%^ me.

Sounds like the Government doing a crappy job getting this going days after the fact.

So stupid and ridiculous to not have Vancouver or Victoria the major cities to be first for legal pot.All I know is it seems harder to get it now that the government is involved.

Bad to smoke it, so they get rid of edibles this makes absolutely no sense .If you can't smoke it what are you supposed to do then?

Anyway, hopefully some people with common sense will help those government fools get it together and do a better job to HELP PEOPLE not just collect the taxes.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:41 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Looking foreward to meeting you, internet tough guy.B) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Will the next federal election bring back decriminalization after gateway status has now been proven?

I assume you mean criminalization!!??

If so then unlikely. Now that the gates are open I doubt they close them again. If anything, they slowly make their way towards very controlled legalization of other drugs. The government then benefits from taxes rather than giving organized crime the huge stacks of cash.

Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1