The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weed

riffraff

On 10/17/2018 at 10:41 AM, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Perhaps Horgan has alot of  brownies on his plate ;)

Speaking of Brownies....

On 10/17/2018 at 11:11 AM, Alflives said:

Would it be a good business venture to open up a chips and cheesies store beside every outlet selling pot?  Or, even better, sell pot and chips in the same bags!!!!  

......I want this kid to run my next business:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cannabis/girl-guide-sells-out-of-cookies-near-cannabis-store/ar-BBOzGal?ocid=spartandhp

She's being called one smart cookie.

As people lined up to buy cannabis at one of six Edmonton cannabis stores that opened Wednesday, a small entrepreneur stood ready to capitalize on what could be expected to be customers' future need for a sweet snack.

Nine-year-old Elina Childs had a wagon full of Girl Guide cookies for sale.

"We've sold cookies in the neighbourhood before with her and it's door to door. People aren't home. There's dogs and everything else," said her father, Seann Childs. "We thought, 'Where can we go to sell them?'

"It just so happens that legalization was coming up in a couple of days."

He and his wife talked to Elina and she thought it was a good idea.

When she got home from school, she grabbed some change from her piggybank. She and her dad loaded up a wagon with three cases of Girl Guide cookies and they walked to the nearby cannabis store.

She started walking up and down the lineup.

"It was well received," said Childs.

"People thought it was awesome. There were people telling her she was doing a great thing, that it was very innovative. There were cars stopping on the street to buy cookies from her. It was really something else. I'd never seen anything quite like that."

It seems the government is saying that weed is legalized well then why are most regular dispensaries closed pending licensing.,

This is the thing, it was supposed to be ready to be legalized on Oct.17,so my question is this.

Are we the people going to have to put up with this inept treatment all the time.

They say smoking it is bad, so they get rid of edibles some health department of said government doing a half assed job once again.Typical bureaucracy not knowing what the hell they are doing.

If it is legal, treat it as such.If some of these people couldn't get their bottle of wine they would go ballistic,it's the same type of thing.

So once again the use of common sense is a thing lost to government officials.It seems like the government clowns are at it again.our tax dollars hard at work.

Edited by DADDYROCK
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

It seems the government is saying that weed is legalized well then why are most regular dispensaries closed pending licensing.,

This is the thing, it was supposed to be ready to be legalized on Oct.17,so my question is this.

Are we the people going to have to put up with this inept treatment all the time.

They say smoking it is bad, so they get rid of edibles some health department of said government doing a half assed job once again.Typical bureaucracy not knowing what the hell they are doing.

If it is legal, treat it as such.If some of these people couldn't get their bottle of wine they would go ballistic,it's the same type of thing.

So once again the use of common sense is a thing lost to government officials.It seems like the government clowns are at it again.our tax dollars hard at work.

I think a lot of municipalities in BC are waiting until civic elections are over to begin issuing licenses... thats politics for ya

the lack of edibles is pretty ridiculous but they are planning to have it done in 2019 I think, its complicated apparantely with the food safe regulations etc.. 

overall I agree the rollout here has been lacklustre

12 hours ago, 112 said:

There's a difference between how a law is written and how it's interpreted just as there's a difference between peacably smoking in a designated place where the activity is to be expected and wildly flailing one's arms about in close proximity to others. Nobody is impeding your right not to use when you have the option of keeping distance and staying out of smoking areas. 

Not sure there are many common smoking areas in public.

http://simplevancouver.com/smoking-in-vancouver/

On 10/17/2018 at 9:04 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

not always. Just walked my dog and the smell from 2 guys smoking must have wafted for 100 feet after I passed them. You don't smell a cigarette from that distance.

It would be nice if there could be less stinky strains of the stuff, its pretty repulsive to those that don't partake. 

That is a rarity on these boards imo.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, chon derry said:

the offset revenue gain will be significant as well law enforcement ,courts will (hopefully) be freed up to target the opioid overdose epidemic , as an ex chronic pot smoker as well as dealing pot, and having gone thru a self rehab , mild to moderate cocaine addiction, never intravenous ,but know people that have fallen to that level , I see this as long over due, so when you speak of "older people " try to understand that a lot of other "older people " have fallen victim to heavier drugs because of the  lack of  proper resource's. other "older people (old school) law enforcement (old school) supreme court judges failing to recognize the war on cannabis specific never ever had a chance of winning , and law enforcements self serving  continual stance against cannabis only to justify their own existence ,and still to this day reluctance to agree on this issue ,only to see resources being wasted.          on a personal level I cant stand listening to people whining about having to walk thru  second hand smoke ,I guess only because  had they have witnessed what I came thru, and survived they probably would have dropped dead of a heart attack seeing it, but I also recognise  theres no pleasing everyone!

My old comment was the the guy starting to rant about how bad smoke is for the body and then did a complete 180 and started whining about millenials and the their work eithic and entitlement and not wanting to work for under $30/h.... how he got on that topic is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

My old comment was the the guy starting to rant about how bad smoke is for the body and then did a complete 180 and started whining about millenials and the their work eithic and entitlement and not wanting to work for under $30/h.... how he got on that topic is beyond me.

I wasn't directing my comment at you I realized after I should have put his quote  in there to sorry for the confusion.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

That is a rarity on these boards imo.

yeah could be. I have no issues at all with it, its all good with me. Just wish there was something for the stink factor. Its like if every time I had a beer at the game the guy next to me had to smell a fart. 

1 hour ago, Russ said:

the only problem with millennial work ethic is boomers hanging on to their jobs for too long. That generation seems to forget that they were the beneficiaries of mandatory retirement policies. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the only problem with millennial work ethic is boomers hanging on to their jobs for too long. That generation seems to forget that they were the beneficiaries of mandatory retirement policies. 

You dont have enough experience for this job

So how do i get experience

dont know

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Violator said:

You dont have enough experience for this job

So how do i get experience

dont know

pretty much. I really think mandatory retirement from public sector jobs needs to be brought back in. My wife works at a local university, she's got got non-teaching colleagues who are in their 70s..... sorry but we need to make room for younger workers. 

50 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

pretty much. I really think mandatory retirement from public sector jobs needs to be brought back in. My wife works at a local university, she's got got non-teaching colleagues who are in their 70s..... sorry but we need to make room for younger workers. 

Tsk,tsk, such blatant discrimination based on age. iirc there is something about that in the Charter of Rights, which should have actually included a few more things and been called the Charter of Rights and Responsibilities :).

38 minutes ago, gurn said:

Tsk,tsk, such blatant discrimination based on age. iirc there is something about that in the Charter of Rights, which should have actually included a few more things and been called the Charter of Rights and Responsibilities :).

but it cuts both ways, we have a duty to ensure young people can work. I'm not saying pass a law for the private sector or exclude over 65 outright, but they should have to step aside and at least compete for the job with a younger person for public sector jobs, everyone over 18 pays into the system so younger workers have right too 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but it cuts both ways, we have a duty to ensure young people can work

If you can pry them away from their X-box. 

The coming years are going to be very different. The whole "work for a living" system is changing as automation takes over, and there will be less actual jobs for everyone.

I am worried that governments seem oblivious to this change, or if they do know it's coming are keeping the solutions to themselves.

• Haha 1