The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Capitals @ Canucks Oct 22 2018

ForzaTikare

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I was really surprised that they played on saturday, two days after the end of a long road trip.  Even more surprised they play tonight.  I would have thought they'd have a few days of rest after Saturday.

The schedule maker has never been kind to us.  I have compared at other Pacific division teams' schedule with their long road trip coming home, they get to rest a lot more than us and it's unfair in so many ways and we continue to have a very short home stand then get back on the road without having the benefit of rest and that is kind of sad.   The first time we get the benefit would be after American Thanksgiving coming off a 3 games in 4 days on the road.   The 4 days off in early November don't count because we'd be going on the road anyways.   Even with home stand, we don't get anything with extra days off at home and that's the double standard by the NHL.   We get the benefit of extra days off won't come until January.   I noticed that most American NHL teams get to host during Thanksgiving weekend and Canadian teams don't get to stay at home during that week for years now.   It's like 6 or 7 teams going over there.  It kinds of skewed up the schedule.    Interesting fact, after January 5th, the Canucks will have played the most road games in the league and have 15 road games left for the season after that day.

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

That's what I thought, but maybe he's reflecting and reminiscing.

That is so funny, the guy from Happy Gilmore lol  

And Moonraker (among others).

3 hours ago, 'NucK™ said:

Well compared to the rest of our schedule, the Saturday game was an easy one... I'm sure you've seen the graphic re. us playing rested teams during back-to-backs, etc. 

The schedule makers have never been nice to us and definitely don't take into consideration we already travel more than any other team..

The last few seasons, in order, have had us travel the 7th most, 5th most and 5th most, and I believe this year we're traveling the 8 most.  

https://www.ontheforecheck.com/2017/6/27/15881964/nhl-travel-miles-the-2017-18-super-schedule

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

My guess is that it's a hairline fracture that is perfectly set and would heal just fine provided he doesn't do anything stupid like arm wrestling, etc.

Have you ever seen Jay Beagle and Wolverine in the same room?  Didn't think so.

1 hour ago, The_Rocket said:

Rousell at 3

sutter at 4.375

eriksson at 6

that adds up to 13.375. Good math though. Not sure if you’re being disengenous to make it look worse or if you’re just wrong

You could do this with any team; add up all their overpaid contracts and complain about it. Who cares. That line was good in its role last game and hopefully will again this game. Their salary doesn’t matter on a team that’s under the cap

I think people taking too much issue with cap numbers are being (or trying to be) penny wise and pound foolish. Until there are serious repercussions from these deals individually or in concert there really isn't much need for outrage unless you're a beancounter/CFO of CSE.  I personally would rather have a few overpaid extra bodies around , while maintaining ample cap room, than having to scramble to fill a roster. Of course, there are better scenarios but until they are forced or prevented from doing something they wouldn't or would like to do it isn't the Big Issue it's made out to be. Imo, ofc.

5 minutes ago, Green Building said:

The last few seasons, in order, have had us travel the 7th most, 5th most and 5th most, and I believe this year we're traveling the 8 most.  

https://www.ontheforecheck.com/2017/6/27/15881964/nhl-travel-miles-the-2017-18-super-schedule

Hmm, interesting data, thanks. 

I think my point still stands though... we are always near the top in travel miles and now on top of that, this year we play a rested team in EVERY SINGLE back-to-back (while only having that advantage over another team playing a back-to-back 3 times).

10 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Hmm, interesting data, thanks. 

I think my point still stands though... we are always near the top in travel miles and now on top of that, this year we play a rested team in EVERY SINGLE back-to-back (while only having that advantage over another team playing a back-to-back 3 times).

We only play 11 back to backs this year with some teams having 16-17. The league average is 12.9. In this instance we come out ok.

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

It was just interesting as there is so much chatter about cap hits right now, Nylander and how it will affect TO and Draisatl's and how his is affecting the Oilers. There is Boeser's next contract to consider so the topic is somewhat prevalent, especially examining Dra's production and cap hit, only his second contract.

Should be an interesting game.

The Canucks look like they are tiring as the game goes on.

The team's shooting percentage is out of this world. Most of the goals by players shooting over 20%, all but 4 goals by players shooting between Pettersson - 38.5% and Sven - 18.2%, remarkably high.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Whoa... That's like 17 million percent!

Alright lucky, me laughing like a donkey in the produce aisle over this earned me a few weird looks lol

REFEREES

Justin St. Pierre #12 Gord Dwyer #19
  JS12.jpg GD19.jpg
Games 17-18 73 73
Career Games 874 941
First NHL Game 11/9/05 11/19/15
Birthplace Dolbeau, QC Sackville, NS

LINESMEN

Kiel Murchison #79 Ryan Gibbons #58
  KM79.jpg RG58.jpg
Games 17-18 73 73
Career Games 411 230