The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Capitals @ Canucks Oct 22 2018

ForzaTikare

Just now, stawns said:

I was really surprised that they played on saturday, two days after the end of a long road trip.  Even more surprised they play tonight.  I would have thought they'd have a few days of rest after Saturday.

Well compared to the rest of our schedule, the Saturday game was an easy one... I'm sure you've seen the graphic re. us playing rested teams during back-to-backs, etc. 

The schedule makers have never been nice to us and definitely don't take into consideration we already travel more than any other team..

3 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I just realized the Canuck's third line has a 17.375 million dollar cap hit and will have for another 3 years if they stick together they all have NTC's. I wonder how many other teams can boast that. :lol:

Both teams should be rested.

Rousell at 3

sutter at 4.375

eriksson at 6

that adds up to 13.375. Good math though. Not sure if you’re being disengenous to make it look worse or if you’re just wrong

You could do this with any team; add up all their overpaid contracts and complain about it. Who cares. That line was good in its role last game and hopefully will again this game. Their salary doesn’t matter on a team that’s under the cap

3 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I just realized the Canuck's third line has a 17.375 million dollar cap hit and will have for another 3 years if they stick together they all have NTC's. I wonder how many other teams can boast that. :lol:

Both teams should be rested.

#mathfail 

4 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

But 17 looks so much more impressive:P. Nah I got it wrong,.:blink:

Besides part of it was they are the highest paid line on the team.

Players are almost always underpaid when younger and overpaid when older.

The team is winning.

The team is far under the cap.

It's not your money.

As was said -- so who cares?

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Players are almost always underpaid when younger and overpaid when older.

The team is winning.

The team is far under the cap.

It's not your money.

As was said -- so who cares?

It was just interesting as there is so much chatter about cap hits right now, Nylander and how it will affect TO and Draisatl's and how his is affecting the Oilers. There is Boeser's next contract to consider so the topic is somewhat prevalent, especially examining Dra's production and cap hit, only his second contract.

Should be an interesting game.

The Canucks look like they are tiring as the game goes on.

The team's shooting percentage is out of this world. Most of the goals by players shooting over 20%, all but 4 goals by players shooting between Pettersson - 38.5% and Sven - 18.2%, remarkably high.

3 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

The team's shooting percentage is out of this world. Most of the goals by players shooting over 20%, all but 4 goals by players shooting between Pettersson - 38.5% and Sven - 18.2%, remarkably high.

Whoa... That's like 17 million percent!

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

It was just interesting as there is so much chatter about cap hits right now, Nylander and how it will affect TO and Draisatl's and how his is affecting the Oilers. There is Boeser's next contract to consider so the topic is somewhat prevalent, especially examining Dra's production and cap hit, only his second contract.

Nope.  Come back in maybe 3 years, when it's time to re-up the likes of Pettersson and Hughes.  Zero cap issues, ZERO.

Archived