The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FOOD!

brownky

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I'll just give you some Davie St suggestions cause I live near by.

Stepho`s some  good Greek at a good price.

Juke`s for some fried chicken.

Don't eat, but stop at The Fountain Head for a beer in a BFG glass.

The Score for you Morning Egg`s Benny, or crazy Caesar drinks complete with grilled cheese and onion rings as garnish.

GRILLEDCHAESAR.jpg.fec5a73344befc9df938703295280a88.jpg

I love Jukes chicken but it's personal preference. Their chicken is heavily spiced, not spicy but very herbal with a little ginger, and super crispy, almost crunchy.

If you're someone whose taste runs more bland or want a thinly battered chicken, then Jukes isn't for you. 

I haven't tried their ribs or sides

42 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I love Jukes chicken but it's personal preference. Their chicken is heavily spiced, not spicy but very herbal with a little ginger, and super crispy, almost crunchy.

If you're someone whose taste runs more bland or want a thinly battered chicken, then Jukes isn't for you. 

I haven't tried their ribs or sides

I hear ya, wife doesn't like it much but I do.I dont eat red meat but I've heard their ribs are awesome. 

We hit Nando's more often cause of our split opinions. 

BTW, some sound suggestions in this thread!

37 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Mongolian BBQ on Davie is tasty! I haven't been in awhile, so I hope its still there. You get to pick all your raw ingredients and they cook it up in front of you, almost tepannyaki-style, just not right at your table.

It's not here anymore.

However Denman has one still, close to Georgia.

Great suggestion. That was my go to for years...you could load that bowl with some good good food.

Why do I now have that song from those old info cartoons in my head? .."exercise your chompers, really chew chew chew, exercise your chompers on some good hard food..."

6 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Oh god i can't even remember lmao it was either Belgian fries or spud shack, in New west

La Bell Potate I think has an all you can eat night? Edit: and Cram found it already, but I've been meaning to get there. Go to Spud Shack occasionally though as it's closer to me.

Otherwise Tacofino, Japadog, plenty of other hole in the wall places if you aren't going medium or higher price-wise.

Archived