The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Tryamkin Trade Talk

Trading Tryamkin?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why on earth would this management group want to trade any 24 yr old defenceman?

To make OJ look better? Eliminate the competition?

Much is made of his return to Russia to play, why is it a big deal?

He, like the Sedins, honored and played out his contract, so neither owed the other anything.

Was his play, as a rookie, worse than Pouliot or DZ? Or even Gudbranson for that matter.

In his limited ice time and role he did what was asked of him, he killed penalties, shut down McDavid, had more hits than anyone else, had more fights than anyone else, stepped in to protect team mates more than anyone else and did this with a coach that didn't like him.

Is this team so good that they can give away top level defensive prospects that can play in the NHL out of the box?

This team can convert one or two current veteran defence men for top prospects/picks to speed up the rebuild, how can trading away a proven prospect be helping that rebuild. Having him is like planning, okay, one of the top four spots are done.

I'd just like a definitive answer on if he is part of this team's future.  A Nov 2018 update from his, and management.

He played well for a rookie.  Had flashes of HOLEECRAP when one arm slamming guys to the ice.  And for a massive man, he is fasssst.  So much potential.  Management really should be kissing his ass to return.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’d trade Tryamkin to Washington for Bowey.  Otherwise, bring him home.  Loved watching him play!  

If they are considering trading him it might be because an interested team asked about him. That always forces an evaluation not just to his playing potential but also towhether he ever comes back to Van. It also comes down to what is offered. The big issue for me will always be that he decided to leave. He had a nice start to his NHL career and then went back to the KHL. That is where he could easily stay. 

1 minute ago, xereau said:

I'd just like a definitive answer on if he is part of this team's future.  A Nov 2018 update from his, and management.

He played well for a rookie.  Had flashes of HOLEECRAP when one arm slamming guys to the ice.  And for a massive man, he is fasssst.  So much potential.  Management really should be kissing his ass to return.

I agree.  Some athletes need to be made to feel welcome, and needed.  Get him here!  Bring home the BIG BOY!

Is he really any good ? I watched him as a Canuck and I wanted to buy in that we had something great. He seems really overhyped, I don’t think the KHL is going all that well, apart from his size i think he’s just 5th or 6th role defenceman. His trade value is highest before he steps back onto North American ice .

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

If they are considering trading him it might be because an interested team asked about him. That always forces an evaluation not just to his playing potential but also towhether he ever comes back to Van. It also comes down to what is offered. The big issue for me will always be that he decided to leave. He had a nice start to his NHL career and then went back to the KHL. That is where he could easily stay. 

Don’t you think his wife wanted to go home?  Maybe Washington would be easier on her, with the Russian connection!  Although, we do have Goldy now, and he’s Tryamkin’s age.  Is Goldy married?  The two wives could support each other.

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

Is he really any good ? I watched him as a Canuck and I wanted to buy in that we had something great. He seems really overhyped, I don’t think the KHL is going all that well, apart from his size i think he’s just 5th or 6th role defenceman. His trade value is highest before he steps back onto North American ice .

It's more than just being good. He is fun to watch ! He puts bums in seats. Aquillini likes bums in seats.

Talent wise, I doubt he'll ever be a top pairing guy, but he could play for at least 31 GMs.

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The big issue for me will always be that he decided to leave. He had a nice start to his NHL career and then went back to the KHL. That is where he could easily stay. 

Did you have issue with the Sedins refusing trade options and playing out their careers? Or Edler's camp stating they will refuse any trade options? Or Hamhuis playing out his contract and moving on?

Any of the above did less to help the Canuck rebuild than Groot going back to Russia after playing out his obligations.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t you think his wife wanted to go home?  Maybe Washington would be easier on her, with the Russian connection!  Although, we do have Goldy now, and he’s Tryamkin’s age.  Is Goldy married?  The two wives could support each other.

Who cares WHY he went back now, he wasn't under contract, he was free to do whatever he wanted for whatever reason, who knows maybe he went back to learn english better so he could understand what he didn't before.

Groot already knows Goldy.

4 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Did you have issue with the Sedins refusing trade options and playing out their careers? Or Edler's camp stating they will refuse any trade options? Or Hamhuis playing out his contract and moving on?

Any of the above did less to help the Canuck rebuild than Groot going back to Russia after playing out his obligations.

You know the difference between someone wanting to stay and someone choosing to leave. It wasn't about helping the team or not.

Archived